Email instability with Accounts 2020 R2, Win 10 and Outlook 2016

Leshelle
Leshelle Member Posts: 103
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi All
Im having issues emailing documents from Reckon. Not sure if Reckon is causing it, or if Windows 10 is causing it. Is it a known problem? I get the following errors in Reckon:
"Outlook cannot log on . Verify you are connected to the network and using the proper server and mailbox name.The Microsoft exchange info in your profile is missing required info etc, etc "
then "Reckon Accounts DEBUG Error Msg, unable to open your email message store." then "Reckon Accounts internal Error msg: (MAPI error code 000000000 (0) at line 483 in sendemail.cpp)"

This usually occurs straight after I have lost Outlook altogether, or sometimes causes me to lose access to Outlook. I feel its all related.

My IT tech person fixes it each time, but it keeps on happening, and I cant keep calling him. Does anyone know a permanent fix?
Many thanks in advance, Leshelle

Comments

• Shane Bulfin
    Shane Bulfin Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020
    Hi Leshelle,

YES this is a known issue, a couple of weeks ago I had the same issues, allough I have a Accounts 2016. Accounts does not like the 64bit version of outlook and will not allow you to send invoices from within the invoice screen. check if you are running a 64bit version of outlook regards Shane
  • Leshelle
    edited July 2020
    Hi Shane

thanks for that, I'll check that out 
  • Shane Bulfin
    Shane Bulfin Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020
    There is currently no way around is, users of Accounts need to put pressure on Reckon, its not good enough to just say you have to put Outlook 32 bit on your computer
  • Vickie Wesolowski
    Vickie Wesolowski Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2020
    I agree with you Shane - for those of us with corporate computers we don't have a choice of which version we use.
  • Leshelle
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for the feedback guys. How do we tag Rav into this thread?