email payslip error- Payroll Premier 19/20

Natalie_7908759
Natalie_7908759 Member Posts: 7
edited April 2020 in Payroll Premier
I am trying to email payslips from the 19/20 Payroll Premier software but there is an error coming up and it fails to send. The same issue happened last yr. I have Outlook open, have checked that Run as Administrator is ticked in Outlook Properties, and have employees set to Both for Printing/Emailing payslips in PP. 

Comments

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    We're having the same issue. I'm ok on my computer.. but my employee cant send on hers
  • Natalie_7908759
    edited August 2019
    Hi. I just got off the phone to Tech support. I had set Outlook to Run as Administrator as I mentioned, but I also had to set Payroll Premier to Run as Administrator. It appears to have fixed the problem as the emails have been sent. Yay.

• Helen Bowers
    Helen Bowers Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2019
    Just for the record, we found it best to close Outlook before opening Payroll and trying to send pay slip emails. This allows Payroll Premier to actually open Outlook itself when you select "Send", and then all the emails will go. No need to bother about running as administrator.
  • Natalie_7908759
    edited July 2019
    Ok, thanks Helen. Something to keep in mind for next yr!
  • Lillian Chen
    Lillian Chen Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2019
    This worked for me as well but it seems that I have to set Run as Administrator every time I open Payroll Premier 19/20...more to remember
  • Peter Middleton
    Peter Middleton Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Helen that works, but as I have Outlook always open I now must remember to close it before sending payslips. Do you think Reckon will get it right one day?
  • Helen Bowers
    edited July 2019
    I am sure they will Peter. Writing software for such a massive amount of situations is a challenge, however, I for one have used both Payroll Premier and Business Accounts Premier for many many years and find them both easy to navigate and very reliable. The key is to ask questions before fiddling if you are unsure. Happy payrolling.
  • Sharon Cowley
    Sharon Cowley Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2019
    Hi ,
    So I would like to know how to send payslips in the 19/20 version. Changing outlook to run as administrator didnt not work for me in this version like last year ??? 
    Every version it is another way ! Please help the employees are not getting their payslip.

Sharon.
  • Helen Bowers
    edited September 2019
    Try closing Outlook before you run and process your payroll. Then allow the Payroll Software to open Outlook and this should send your emails.
  • Sharon Cowley
    edited July 2019
    Hi  Helen,
    Thank you this worked just different again ! Appreciate it.

Sharon.
  • Sharon Cowley
    edited July 2019
    Me too Peter,

Sharon

• Kyle Gray_10187260
    Kyle Gray_10187260 Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2019
    Yes, It only worked for me if I ran payroll as an ADMIN. Hopefully there us an update or by next year they have this issue corrected. Thanks for comment though, I was getting quite frustrated trying to figure it out haha?
  • Heidi Koechel
    Heidi Koechel Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2019
    I have tried this and it just keeps circling and not doing anything?

https://community.reckon.com/ image