email problems

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Hi all
I have been running reckon for 2 years  with no problems suddenly when i try to email statements or invoices i get a message from Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (dave_plants) account.
Subject 'Invoice from D & J Ellis Plant Transport Pty Ltd'
Server Error: 3219
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00005

Anyone have any idea
Photo of David Ellis

David Ellis

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,130 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi David,

Can you let me know which product and version you're using along with your operating system?

Are you using the Windows Live email client?

Have there been any changes to your system environment since the last time you were successfully able to email?
Photo of David Ellis

David Ellis

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav

I am using reckon small buisness 2014 and there hasnt been any changes was fine last week not sure what you mean about windows live email client
(Edited)
Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,138 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Thanks David,

Please check that your default email account is correctly selected.  Reckon Accounts is built to run with Outlook but it can be configured to work through Windows Live:
Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Default Programs > Set Default Programs, and select your email and click on Set this program as default.

If this does not fix the issue then the problem may be with your PC -  as the error you quoted relates to Windows and not Reckon Accounts - and this article by Microsoft may be of help.   If this article is unclear to you, you will need to talk with your IT consultant.  

Hope to have you emailing soon.  

regards,
John.