email logs

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Failed email

Is there any chance that we will be able to access logs of emails sent via Accounts Hosted.
I have customers who tell me they haven't received accounts emailed to them.  I do have it set up to send me a copy as well, but still no way of knowing if the customer has received them.  Occasionally I find that I send an invoice copied to me, but it doesn't arrive.  Having access to some sort of log that shows sent emails and if they have failed would assist.
Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

• 2,252 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Janet

Janet

• 326 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My question too!
Photo of Tiffany

Tiffany

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

I agree that this is required as we too have had customers state that they have not received the invoices.  Come on Reckon really how hard would it be to have a log that details all emails sent?

Photo of Gary Price

Gary Price

• 2,252 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
The most logical solution would be the ability to default to our own email client like Outlook or Thunderbird.  At least we know that works and if an email is bounced at the client end we know that it has happened.
Photo of Kay Laws Accredited

Kay Laws Accredited, Accredited Partner

• 3,454 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
An option is to send invoices to your outlook from Reckon instead of sending direct from Reckon to your customer, then send to your client from your outlook.
I do this for a client of mine & it works well for us.
You can change the send to address on the fly when emailing from Reckon rather than changing the customers email address in there card file.
Yes this adds additional steps, though gives you the options not only to view sent items but also set delivered & read receipts.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.