Emailed Invoices are being received in Spam Folders

Core Contracting Services
Core Contracting Services Member Posts: 6
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Good Morning, Could you please advise why our emails sent directly from Reckon are being sent to the receivers spam folders? Its really frustrating that we've sent invoices and no-one has received them ....

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    You will need to ask your customers to add accountshosted@reckon.com to their whitelist/safesenders list of trusted email addresses...(ie tell their email software that this address is not spam/junk)...
  • Dave Dennis
    Dave Dennis Member Posts: 29

If invoice emails are going to spam it means they are failing some test for authenticity. That should not happen from a major "trusted" source such as Reckon. I feel like there may be a technical nuance that needs fixing or at least have some intel as to why this might happen.

I just had a client tell me my email invoice went to their spam folder. It is addressed as being from my normal email, which does NOT go to spam at their end. Perhaps there is an issue with the mail server not being associated with the sender's actual domain?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Dave Dennis

I'd recommend checking out the info in the help guide linked below. It outlines some best practices to ensure the successful delivery and receiving of emails from Reckon Accounts Hosted -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Dave Dennis

Thanks Rav. I appreciate the response. It seems to me that changing my sender address to accountshosted@reckon.com is highly likely to cause issues with a client correctly identifying who it's really from. It is not a satisfactory solution in my opinion. For all the supposed 'convenience' of direct emailing, it seems to have problems. In the past I've also had invoice emails not send at all, even though the system claims it has been (I know this because my own BCC did not arrive - even in spam - just nothing at all).

Maybe the answer (for me at least) is to go back to creating a PDF myself and emailing it from my own email client. That way I can at least trace the message and be sure it has been sent...

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I too have had problems in the past and have changed nothing, but all is good now and has been for quite some time

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@Dave Dennis

I wouldn't recommend that you change your sending email address, however if your recipient were to add/mark accountshosted@reckon.com as a safe sender/trusted on their end it may help toward ensuring emails don't get misidentified or caught up in any spam filters that may be at work.

Also, Reckon Accounts Hosted has an email log which will track your outbound emails sent from the service. Info below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Dave Dennis

I am a Reckon One user and I don't recall seeing that email log feature anywhere in Reckon One.

• Dave Dennis

I spoke too soon! It is in the header as an email symbol. I hadn't noticed that before.

• Rav
    edited October 2022

Right ok, this original post has been created under, and is for, the Reckon Accounts Hosted service. The info I've shared above is also for Reckon Accounts Hosted rather than Reckon One.

Reckon One on the other hand also has an email log which you'll find in the top right hand corner with a mail/envelope icon