Emailing a customised remittance advice

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
I have created a customised remittance advice and closed off the standard RA in templates. However, when I email out our remittances it still defaults to the old standard RA and I have to manually change this to my customised RA. How can change the default setting for which RA is used? This has only been a problem since upgrading to (Reckon Accounts Enterprise) 2015.
Photo of Hamilton Christian School

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Angela

Angela

• 484 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I was having the same problem with the remittance advice and invoices and the only way I was able to fix was to make all other templates inactive.  "List" - "Templates" - highlight the templates you don't use and then make inactive
Hello Angela, that works for invoices but for some reason not for RA's.  (Sorry, that's what I meant by "closed off the standard RA".
Photo of Angela

Angela

• 484 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
strange, as by making all unnecessary templates inactive, it has worked for me.  Sorry, this didn't work for you
Thanks for the suggestion, Angela.  That is what I would have expected to work.  Regards, Gavin
Photo of Benjamin Green

Benjamin Green

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Same problem on RAH2015r2 - can create customised templates but even with only one RA template active (my customised one) the supplied one is still there.

Seems to be a problem in Reckon Accounts generally at the moment ...
Photo of Gavin Baxter

Gavin Baxter

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your support, Benjamin
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Got the same issue with RA2015 Ent version.... :(
Photo of Gavin Baxter

Gavin Baxter

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Thanks for your support, Andrew.  Nice to know I'm not going (more) crazy!  Gavin

Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Yeah another 'feature' of RA that won't get fixed I'm sure! :(
Photo of Kate

Kate

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Can someone please tell me why it says at the top of this post that this problem is "solved" when I can't see a solution in any of the comments here.  I am on RA Premier 2015 and have done the same, made the other remittance styles inactive so only my customised one is active, but still the other one comes up as the default when printing or emailing remittances - SOOO FRUSTRATING!!!  Can anyone give me a solution, or has anyone asked Reckon what's going on re this?
We continue to have this unsolved problem.  :(
Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,138 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry about the status of this thread being set to "solved" without some explanations.  There are other threads on this issue and a comment is available on the KB:  Remittance Advice emails or prints in default template and not customised template used.

Customisable Remittance Advices are a new feature in 2015.  When you go to print or email the Remittance Advice, the template used will be the Default template which lists at the top of the template dropdown list.  You must select your customised template otherwise the default will be used.

Our developers have been alerted to this issue which they will consider in their normal development cycle.  

regards,
John
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Hi John, Can you explain what the "normal development cycle" is? We have lots of 'bugs' (this is a bug) that have been put through to the development team, but they never seem to be fixed!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.