Emailing an invoice from quickbooks

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)

The PC is a HP laptop with windows 10 home, Office 2007 and QuickBooks 2009-2010 accountant edition - outlook is the email client. It connects to the internet through the wireless connection to a hotspot phone.The software combination was working fine on an older vista laptop. The problem is when sending an invoice by email, QuickBooks tries to print it and wont email even if the email tick box on the invoice is ticked. have deleted the XPS PDF printer and installed another per another article. Have reinstalled QuickBooks and office.

Here's the weird thing. If the wireless connection is turned off and outlook is closed, QuickBooks will form up and email the invoice. If either the wireless is on or outlook open, it wont. If QuickBooks is open and an email is pending, outlook wont open. So to send an invoice the work around is to leave wireless off and outlook closed, send invoice, turn on wireless and wait for it to connect to hotspot, close QuickBooks and then open outlook, select outbox folder, click send/receive and watch as invoice email is sent. Some thing is not talking right between the three software's and I cant figure it out.

Please no replies about QB 2009/10 and WIN 10 not compatible and I must upgrade, I have seen it all over the forum and I get it. However others have this combination working successfully so I need to leverage off what they did.

Update: If I run both QB and Outlook in compatibility mode for XP service pack 2 I can now have both QB and outlook open, switch off wireless, create and email invoice from QB, switch on wireless, change to outlook and send/receive, emails sent. Still cant figure why having laptop wireless on causes QB to try and print an invoice rather than email.

All ideas considered and worth trying.

TIA.

Photo of CMS

CMS

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Steve Cook

Steve Cook

• 3,116 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Even with latest versions of Office and Reckon, still issues with "Windows 10 Home"

Windows 10 Pro is much more friendly in network environments