Emailing asks for password

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited February 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Using Reckon Accounts Premier 2016.  Exchange server is set up to allow relay from internal addresses without authentication.  Have tested this and confirmed working.

Emailing from Reckon is still asking for a password however

Email provider: Other
email ID: accounts@mydomain.com
servername: echange.domain.local
Port 25

Have tested sending from accounts@mydomain.com through SMTP without auth and it works, but Reckon asks for a password every time.  I'm reading that the SMTP implementation isn't 100% in RA 2016, but it *looks* like I should be able to SMTP without auth.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi Jason,

When using gmail for example, it will ask for the password for the first email, and then wont ask for it again until you close Reckon Accounts and reopen it.  It only saves that password for that session, but once you close it the password is lost.  Is that what your getting?

Regards,
    Shane.
  • Andrew_8635213
    Andrew_8635213 Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2016
    I just discovered this, how annoying!  (that it doesn't save your password when using Gmail)

Also the emails wouldn't send at first and I had to turn on "access for less secure apps".  See message below.  Not sure if this much of concern or not???

Access for less secure apps has been turned on
    You recently changed your security settings so that your Google Account is no longer protected by modern security standards.

Please be aware that it is now easier for an attacker to break into your account. You can make your account safer again by undoing this change here, then switching to apps made by Google such as Gmail to access your account.
  • Sean Johnson
    Sean Johnson Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    We get this issue even when using Outlook 2019 O365 and the preference is set for Outlook. Frustrating, as my mother in law doesn't need to know what the password for email account is. Is there a registry key that can be modified to never prompt for the password. I know it's being saved for the session, sometimes not even that works properly.