Emailing from Reckon Accounts 2015 using Outlook 2016

Gail Friday Office Solutions
Gail Friday Office Solutions Member Posts: 53 ✭✭

• Anyone know a fix to email invoices from Reckon 2015 software using OUTLOOK 2016 – I  did suggest CUTE PDF but not wanting to do that as send heaps of invoices out

Clients issue is –

Having a problem with Amyuni PDF printer when emailing invoices using Reckon 2015 Premier and after a Windows Update on Friday now get Error -41.

Their computer guy has attempted all the fixes Reckons KB articles help site suggests. He thought was maybe the Windows 10 update but discovered it is not as rolled back to Windows 8.1 when worked and they still had the issue. It seems Outlook 16 that is the problem. This however cannot be rolled back so he has installed Outlook 2013 back on temporarily but not ideal as waiting until AT LEAST March is not really acceptable for them

Client has phoned Reckon support but no said there is no support for Office 16 until March at the earliest apparently.
  • They also use MYOB Payroll and is the same for that – maybe if can get a fix to email from Reckon can convert them to Reckon Payroll

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Hi Gail,

At this stage there are compatibility issues with Outlook 2016 which the team is working on for the new Reckon Accounts 2016 release in the new year. Hopefully, this will provide some insight for 2015 also.

In the meantime something your client could try (if they haven't already) is;

- Open Control Panel > change view to large icons

- Default Programs > Set your default programs > Click Outlook 2016 > set this program as default > OK

If the above is set, run both Reckon Accounts and Outlook as Admin and try emailing

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Chris Furness
    Chris Furness Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2015

Thanks for the advice.  I can set the default program as suggested, Outlook opened as admin, but Reckon wont open as Admin.  Says it cannot find server?

Any other ideas as this fault is driving me crazy!!

Thanks,

Chris

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Gail/Rav

I share this purely in support of what Gail has mentioned, as I have observed similar issues with Outlook 2016 failing to work with a competitor product.     Forum articles on MYOB community site also suggest cutePDF as a workaround, and are also troubled by the need to run as administrator in the first place.   see:  http://community.myob.com/t5/Installing-and-upgrading/Email-wont-work-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/...

I concur with Gail, that observing the suggestions of other products trying to cope with Outlook 2016, may lead to a clearer insight to where the issue stems from.

Gary

• Chris Furness
    edited June 2017

Hi all, to fix the problem I have uninstalled office 365 2016 and rolled back to office 365 2013.

Still running Windows 8, so it wasn't a Windows 10 problem for me.

The problem is fixed!!

I will await the 2016 reckon to hope that the problem of emailing invoices will be easily fixed.

Kind regards,

Chris

• gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Chris  

You mention '365'  are you running the  CLOUD version of Office?  Or are you running the desktop office suite:  Office 2016 (now rolled back to Office 2013) ?

Gary
  • Chris Furness
    edited December 2015

Sorry Gary, Im not super computer savy!!

I have an office 365 login, I think its the cloud version of office, but its installed on my computer.   With the help of my local computer tech, I uninstalled office 365 via my control panel, went to office.com and re-installed the 32 bit office 2013 programs again.  All worked perfectly now, outlook customisation stayed the same, and most importantly, I can now email reckon invoices via outlook again.

Hope this helps?

Cheers,

Chris

• gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Yes, Chris - all good, and thanks for the courtesy of helping further on all this.     The desktop PC/laptop you are running has a control panel for installing programs on your LOCAL PC, and that is the aspect I wanted to hear from you about.   So , that still fits in with the comments above, in that the reliance upon the LOCAL PC running Outlook 2016, seems to be the catalyst to the issue here, even for other software.  

Thanks again!

Cheers

Gary
  • Barb Allen-Guthrie
    Barb Allen-Guthrie Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2016
    I cannot roll back and have tried all sorts of fixes to no avail.  Using Reckon Accounts Plus 2015 with Windows 10 and Outlook 2016.  I have applied Full Control as advised and still not working?  Barb
  • Barb Allen-Guthrie
    edited May 2016
    OK I am an Advantage Plus member so you would hope I am paying for an upgrade, I will try to find out, thank you Andrew
  • Barb Allen-Guthrie
    edited May 2016
    thank you I will check this out :-)