Emailing invoices

Sally Telfer_10283007
Sally Telfer_10283007 Member Posts: 5
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, I have a question regarding emailing invoices in Reckon Accounts Hosted. Where and how do we see if an invoice has been emailed, and more to the point, when it has been emailed? Thanks, Sally T

Comments

• Chrystal Richards
    Chrystal Richards Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2019
    Hi Sally,

Unfortunately they don't seem to have this record set up in reckon.

A way around this though is to add your own email address to the cc field when you send one so you have that record sent to yourself to look back on.

I save them to a email folder so i can check that when needed.

Hope this helps

Chrystal
  • Nicola_10273952
    Nicola_10273952 Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2020
    Hi Sally

There is no way to see if an invoice has been sent / no audit tracker etc - work around is to add your own email address to the BCC field - you can find this under Preferences/Send Forms/Company Preferences (so you will need access to be able to change this - not everyone is auto set up to be able to change company preferences).  You can also change what is written to the client in here.  

Other option, which a number of my clients do, is to "print" it to PDF and save on own computer and email from own email account, as then you can send more than one invoice and/or statement etc. And of course then have full visibility of when sent etc.

In terms of timing, it is normally very quick to send - max 5 minutes.

Cheers
    Nicola
  • Sue Jones
    Sue Jones Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hosted does not have this option. Reckons solution is to email the Invoice & other documents to yourself from Hosted to your Email program e.g. in Outlook & then email the documents from there to your Customers etc & select Received & Read so you can track what has been sent / read Reckon has been aware of this issue for over 4 years now & still haven't come up with a better & less time consuming solution. They are not the ones that have to do things twice & waste our time having to double up on emailing etc. So just imagine you have to send over 20 emails every day twice!!! Its just ridiculous that we have to do everything twice Every time someone has complained about this issue Reckon just reply that they are working on the problem. If other program's like MYOB & Xerox can do it then why can't Reckon???
  • Sally Telfer_10283007
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Chrystal, good advice, Ill start doing that, although it seems ridiculous. I did find the log in the toolbox but no mater what date range I put in it will only give me the list of emails sent in last two weeks.
  • Sally Telfer_10283007
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Nicola
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
  • Sally Telfer_10283007
    edited June 2020
    Hi Linda
    Yes I managed to find my way to the Log file, but it shows only those sent in the last 10 days and nothing earlier no matter how I try to adjust the time frame unfortunately.  Thanks :)
  • Linda ABC
    edited October 2019
    Sally when you say find your way to the Log file - do you mean you found your way to the Log folder on your Q Drive?  In here you should find all the email log files - they start with QBMailClient_ and then have the numbers which are the dates... mine go all the way back to 2017 - but I have been using the same login details for many years - maybe you are using a new login?
  • Sally Telfer_10283007
    edited October 2019
    Hi Linda, yes I mean the log folder on my Q drive. No, I have been using the same login details for many years, and it does appear as if you can choose a time frame to search, but it just doesnt work :(
  • Linda ABC
    edited October 2019
    Hmmm... I dont know what you mean about a timeframe to search? Maybe we are not looking at the same thing?  I just see it like a normal explorer window - I can sort the files by Date and scroll through them and select which ones I want to download and then open with notepad on my computer?  I just see this below?
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited October 2019
    Hear hear!!   It seems to me that Reckon don't give a damn about Hosted and that all their energies are being directed to ReckonOne.   Its not a bad product but it doesn't work for everybody.   

To borrow a line, "not happy Jan" 
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I haven't read all the replies, so I apologize if this has been suggested already!
    You can always BC yourself in the email, I would setup a rule so that when it arrives in your inbox they are all moved to a specific folder "Hosted invoices"