emailing on reckon hosted

Options
Jacqui_9954263
Jacqui_9954263 Member Posts: 5
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Email using Reckon Hosted - I have read the previous issues and concerns on emailing invoices and other forms using the reckon hosted version. I too am new to this online system and wondering if this has been resolved? If not, why not and how long? And what measures or alternatives are in place now until this has been sorted?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Welcome to the Reckon Community Jacqui,
    I'm not aware of any current issues with email functionality in Reckon Accounts Hosted at the moment. Can you specify what trouble you're having when sending email? Are you encountering any error messages? If so, what are they?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jacqui_9954263
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I used the desktop version previously. Now using Reckon Hosted when trying to send invoices by email, I can't see if the invoice has actually been sent from my outlook email sent box?
  • Michelle_9656470
    Michelle_9656470 Member Posts: 31
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hey Jacqui,

I email numerous invoices everyday from Reckon Hosted and I have not issues.  

Perhaps you are thinking that you can't see what invoices have been emailed?  If so, I have mine set up so that I can emailed a copy of every invoice emailed. Then in my email system I have a folder called "Reckon Emails Sent" and I have the emails in there.   

As far as online bookkeeping programs go, Reckon Hosted is by far my favourite :)

Good luck,
    Michelle
  • Michelle_9656470
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hey Jacqui, see my comment below.  What I do sounds clunky, but truly it isnt :)
  • Kerri_6634298
    Kerri_6634298 Member Posts: 36
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Totally agree with you.
  • Jacqui_9954263
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thanks Michelle,

That's exactly what I am referring to

Although in Outlook I am trying to setup a rule to send the copy of all invoices to a sub-folder to Inbox. And it won't let me comes up with an error! Any advice on this?

• Michelle_9656470
    edited February 2019
    Options
    OMG!  What a fabulous idea!  I'll have a play and see what I can find ... I am not that tech savvy though.
  • Michelle_9656470
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I send out a reasonable amount of invoices from Reckon Hosted every day and only once in all the years I have been doing it, has it happened for me, with only one customer.

Maybe I have been lucky :)
  • Jacqui_9954263
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Yes I read about that.  I have listed our company name in the subject line to help the client identify our tax invoice. Hopefully Accounts hosted will come up with a better solution than advising the client of our new accounting system. Thanks
  • Jacqui_9954263
    edited February 2019
    Options
    That's great thanks

• Michelle_9656470
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I just set the rule up Jacqui and it works!   Thank you so much for that idea.  

I added the "accountshosted@reckon.com" to my Contacts first, then set the rule up using that email address and also the standard Subject line info I use when sending out invoices.  I hope this is helpful for you and you get yours to work too :)
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2019
    Options
    We cannot have the 'From' address as a user generated email address due to DMARC email authentication which is designed to stop spamming and phishing etc.
    DMARC (Domain Message Authentication Reporting and Conformance) is an email-validation system designed to detect and prevent email spoofing by verifying that an inbound email really does come from the domain it says it comes from.

This affects other online software as well so isn't unique to Reckon Accounts Hosted ie. Reckon One, Xero, QuickBooks Online etc all operate in the same way.

Please note, you can set a Reply-to email address in your preferences which allows recipients to reply to the email sent from Reckon Accounts Hosted and will be delivered to the designated email address.

Additional info -
    Customers receiving emails from accountshosted@reckon.com and not from my email address

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.