Emailing portable file

glendaveale
glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
Have asked a customer to email me the portable backup file.  She cannot as the file is too large.  Is there a way around this as I need to see her file to correct some entries before I am onsite again.
Thanks

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Use a free internet site at wetransfer.com it'll do up to 2GB for free
  • Charley
    edited October 2018

I like that one Kevin; Wetransfer is excellent, what's this site like?
  • Charley
    edited October 2018

Yup I use mine quite often as well, particularly at audit time with quite large data files to the auditor. Also at the same time for the same reason.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Glenda, I now subscribe to Team Viewer - the annual cost pays for itself in saved travel time and vehicle costs for me and I can help my customers faster.   I can also setup for unattended access for helping regular clients when they are not around, or speak with them over the phone and demonstrate processes/provide training in real time.  I also use their file manage function all the time to transfer files back and forth between my machine and the clients.  It is definitely worth considering.
  • Charley
    edited October 2018

And if you're on Hosted then you have access to the file anyway, still doing it from home
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2018
    Agree - but my understanding from the category this is posted in - they are using Desktop not Hosted. 
    Kevin, I totally agree that TV might be overkill for just sending a file - but it is one of the benefits of TV once you have it for all the other reasons I use it... I can very easily bring a copy of the file over to my system if I want to test solutions/troubleshoot etc...
  • Charley
    edited October 2018
    I'm on ADSL here out in the sticks and I got just then download 6.95 and upload .82, during the day when no-one is around I've had up to 18.0 download and nearly 2.0 upload. Around about 4pm when all the kids get back from school Hosted really gets clunky till about 7-8pm. Australian internet (including the NBN) is coaxial which means it's like a hose with multiple holes in it. When all the kids are at school then most of the holes are closed and I get all the pressure and it spits down the line, when the little ones come home all the holes are open and I get a lot less. In a city CBD it's probably the other way around, once everybody's at work at 9am every man and his dog is on and everybody just gets a trickle.
  • glendaveale
    glendaveale Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thank you everyone for your replies.  You all have been most helpful. Have sorted out with client.