emailing problems

Therese Dabbs
Therese Dabbs Member Posts: 31
edited September 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Can someone please help with our ongoing issues with emailing invoices.
We have now had all yahoo email accounts NOT Receive invoices at all. not in junk, not in spam just NOT RECEIVED. This year we have had problems with hotmail and gmail also.
This is not good enough anymore.
I want a programme that just does what it is supposed to!
I am not going to email invoices to myself and then to the customer as we have 1000 we send every quarter.
I need a good system , Reckon One does not have the functionality I need, nor MYOB or XERO so i need to stick with this- I have been a long standing customer.
Why should I pay money each year for something that does not do what it is supposed to - this is not fair RECKON nor are you looking after your long term customers.
Please can someone let me know when this is going to be fixed as i have  had enough!
Therese Dabbs

Comments

• Rick Clement
    Rick Clement Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2017

Hi Therese,

I have an IT company so I am not with Reckon. Your issues sound like they are about your own IT issues not Reckon. As you don't have an exchange server you need to setup connectivity to your email account. If you haven't done that your emails can't send. Spend some money and get someone to sort this properly otherwise you will waste a lot of time and money trying programs and manually sending emails. It will be money well spent.

• Therese Dabbs
    edited October 2017
    this is about accounts hosted. the invoices do not come from my email address they come from accounts hosted, that is the problem. all of my emails get sent to customers, it is only the invoices as they are not connected to my personal email as reckon one has. can someone clarify this please as I am not the only one that has this problem. accounts hosted is an online platform so emails go from their server not mine I thought.
  • Therese Dabbs
    edited November 2017
    sorry I didn't clarify with my initial post that I am using Accounts HOSTED
  • Rick Clement
    edited October 2017

If you think of your data as separate from every other persons data Reckon would find it difficult to send your Invoices as just yours and not another companies. They redirect the mail so that when your customer replies it comes directly to you not Reckon. Although I use the desktop version now  I did use the online version previously and could send emails (Haven't used Reckon One but doubt it hasn't been resolved) QuickBooks have articles that discuss this issue which might help but as mentioned a qualified IT person should be able to resolve.

https://community.intuit.com/questions/1181631-am-i-able-to-email-invoices-through-quickbooks-online...

https://community.intuit.com/questions/1602397

• Therese Dabbs
    edited October 2017
    HI RIck, Reckon One I believe has resolved this issue, Invoices come from the business email, not reckon. Xero also does this. They have just not incorporated this functionality into accounts hosted programme. see response for the second article you mentioned above.the other problem we have mentioned this year, is that gmail, yahoo etc update their spam filters, so customers who previously got our invoices now find they are not receiving at all, or it is going to junk.

• Rick Clement
    edited October 2017
    As mentioned I used hosted and it is definitely not an issue to send from there. Spam filters for those providers can easily be gotten around. I can't show you a fix because each person has different setups that could be also affected but I assure you it can be sorted. Take a look at my website we are IT experts for businesses. There are lots of IT companies that can fix this for you. If you like I could recommend one. Send a request to sales@blacksanz.co.nz and I will respond from there with more specific details based on your location.
  • Jo Guccione Anastasio
    Jo Guccione Anastasio Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2017
    I have the same issues with reckon and you pay for it but it is not doing its job!! I have to always email myself etc its a pain!! I am looking to leave reckon for this reason and more, cannot log in to it its always got issues!!
  • Trish Thornthwaite
    Trish Thornthwaite Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2017
    We have exactly the same problem - but only with emails to yahoo addresses.
  • Therese Dabbs
    edited October 2017
    Thanks Rick. We use multiple computers at different locations with different servers so would this still be the case? and what about other customers who have the same problem? excuse my ignorance.Therese
  • Therese Dabbs
    edited October 2017
    yes we have had yahoo just this quarter, in addition we have gmail and Hotmail.
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Hello ALL we may be able to help in emailing issues. Cosmic  Invoice app for Reckon Hosted can assure all our emails thats gets sent to your customers are received by  them.

We also automatically attach all  PDF Invoice with invoice number shown on the subject field.
    We offer lots more in this app in short:

1. Automated Online payment using Stripe
    2. Ability to take job site pictures and instantly send it to your client with attached quotation
    3. Attach before and after job sites with invoice

We have now web based application use it in any portable lap top or desk pc, our mobile app works on all Android devices.

SEE  RECKON ADD ON MARKET:

https://www.reckon.com/marketplace/add-on/cosmic-invoice/

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Therese Dabbs
    edited October 2017
    HI Chandra, we don't use mobile invoicing but send 1000 invoices every quarter to regular customers- how will this help?
  • cosmic
    edited September 2018
    YES use our web based app talk to me thanks

Cosmic Accounting Group

• cosmic
    edited September 2018
    Further its quite a possibility that if you have same invoice content we can automate the process of sending these invoices and also this will sync into Reckon Hosted.
    The business is about automation and have more time to get more revenue

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2017
    Hi Therese,

Are ALL Yahoo emails being affected or MANY?

You've mentioned issues with Gmail & Hotmail previously. Are the issues affecting those particular services resolved or eased? And if so, what was done to achieve that?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Therese Dabbs
    edited October 2017
    hi Rav, all yahoo emails. so they just don't get the invoices. only the last batch, so customers have received all year and then the last invoice they don't get at all? and gmail and Hotmail still not resolved either. what can be done?

• Rick Clement
    edited October 2017

Hi Therese,

This is most likely (can't be sure without looking) be GMail & Yahoo type accounts have issues with SMTP settings. The same issue often occurs for people who want to scan to email addresses. A lot of people probably having the same issue as we come across it all the time. Given you have servers I would really question why you are using either Gmail or Yahoo. They are not as easy to use or often (because of the way they are setup) not as secure as Office 365. One aspect of Office 365 is it uses an Exchange Server which can easily be setup for SMTP settings.

I think this might be worth a phone call for you. See my email address earlier so contact me if you would like to talk about this issue. (No charge...lol).

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2017
    Therese,

So your Yahoo recipients were getting their emails this year but only on the last occasion ALL your Yahoo recipients DID NOT recieve their emails?
    What is the sample size that we're referring to in this specific case?

With your Gmail or Hotmail recipients, again is it ALL of them of just MANY?

For all other email domains, are they receiving your emails?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Therese Dabbs
    edited October 2017
    hi Rav,hotmail and gmail is hit and miss, so some get, some don't, those that get often go to junk even if they have received before. Yahoo did not receive at all.

• Therese Dabbs
    edited October 2017
    Other email domains seem to be okay. 

• Therese Dabbs
    edited October 2017
    hi Rick, we don't use Gmail or Hotmail or yahoo.it is our customers who do.  Their spam filters I believe are blocking the emails that come from reckon. when we send emails through our own server, they get them.
  • Therese Dabbs
    edited October 2017
    Hi Rav, have you got a solution for me? I have had to re issue at least 200 invoices this week and last due to customers not receiving. WE have 100 customers with yahoo accounts. some of these have been receiving invoices for the past 3 -4 years and now nothing! something is wrong here! 
  • Therese Dabbs
    edited October 2017
    cant automate sorry. invoice is different each quarter for each customer
  • cosmic
    edited September 2018
    But your invoices are not going and we can assure you the invoices will be received. Why don't you try for free for one quartwe. We can't get any cheaper than this

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Therese Dabbs
    edited September 2018
    we need to do the invoices from reckon, not the app as we have groupings by schools etc. is this possible?
  • Rick Clement
    edited October 2017

Hi Therese, I am writing offering free help one last time. If as you describe the emails are being blocked by the receivers and you are not using cloud based emails then the issue is even easier to resolve. The only reason I hesitate to provide an answer through the forum is that we should confirm a few variables with you verbally so that we do not advise you to change something that causes further issues which is very common in IT.

You do not need to buy another product to do this.

Phone me tomorrow 06-7699907 I have no contact details for you.

• cosmic
    edited October 2017
    Yes u do from Reckon but send via our app .as isaid it's free try

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Therese Dabbs
    edited October 2017
    i am in Australia. what is your full phone no?
  • Rick Clement
    edited October 2017
    0064 6 7699907
  • Therese Dabbs
    edited November 2017
    Hi Rav, what can i do about this problem? please send some advice.
This discussion has been closed.