How do I email from QuickBooks/Accounts Business through G-Mail?

Options
Jack Cooper
Jack Cooper Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am attempting to send invoices using the Reckon programme with a gmail account that has been used previously on a different computer for the same purpose. The new computer uses windows 8, and when I try to send forms I am prompted to add an outlook account, however I can not import my gmail account using Microsoft Outlook. Is there a way I can use my gmail account to send these emails as I was previously? 

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Jack,

You cannot email from Accounts Business through an online email system.  Accounts Business must use an email client resident on your PC.  

Accounts Business is configured to work with Office Outlook, but you can with minor configuration adjustments make it work with other systems like Windows Live Mail.  You should talk with your IT consultant for more help there.

You can then configure that client to use your gmail account.  

Hope this helps.  

Regards,
    John

• Jack Cooper
    Jack Cooper Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Thank you John, I synced my gmail account with outlook and now the forms are sending fine.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    That's great to hear, Jack

cheers,
    John
  • Carol Humphrys
    Carol Humphrys Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hi Jack I am having the same problem. How do you synch them? I have a bigpond account in outlook. Its sending me around the twist.
  • John Howie
    John Howie Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This restriction is archaic - so many businesses like ours use Google Apps for our email and to not have the flexibility to set that up in Reckon is ludicrous. After spending so much money I would expect some sort of user friendly emailing interface. 
  • anthony_7375753
    anthony_7375753 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled trying to email invoice - using reckon accounts 2013 retail premier. I am trying to email an invoice and keep getting the error message "Unable to open your email message store your message cannot be sent"   Then it goes to another message MAPI error code 00000000 (0) at line 483 in senderemail.cpp

I am using outlook 2013 cloud based

If anyone can help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

I also cannot save the invoice as a PDF file it just wont let me press save 
  • Neil Wilson
    Neil Wilson Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Do you have a PDF printer app? Workaround by printing to PDF then attach to any email setup.