2 emails generated whe emailing from Reckon Accounts

Judith Nicholls
Judith Nicholls Member Posts: 12
edited September 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
When emailing from Reckon Accounts, I have a problem emialing reports as 2 emails are generated.
However when I email invoices only 1 email is generated.
I have had an IT technician look at this problem he has exhausted all he can do with Microsoft Outlook 7.
Does anyone have any insite into thisproblem.
Judy.

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017

Hello Judith,

What an annoying problem. 

Does one email send and the other get stuck in the Outbox?

We have heard of a similar problem from only a couple of users and it is a problem that we have not been able to replicate so we are no position to offer any explanation of why it occurs.  

In our known instances turning off the preference "Display each email when sending more than one" resolved the problem. 

You'll find the preference at Edit > Preferences > Online.

Let me know how you go. 

Regards,
    John

• Natasha Baker
    Natasha Baker Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled when emailing invoices Reckon generates 2 emails. When sending invoices from Reckon Accounts Pro two emails are generated in my Outlook Email program. I have set my company 'Online' preferences to 'display each email if sending more than one' but this has not solved the problem. Is there anything else I can try?
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Natasha,

Please see open discussion we have on this issue. Please attempt suggestion made by John.

Hope it helps,
    Mirko
  • Natasha Baker
    edited April 2014

Hi Mirko,

Thanks for your reply, however, as I have stated in my previous email, I have already tried that suggestion by setting my company 'Online' preferences to 'display each email if sending more than one' but this has not solved the problem. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks for your assistance,

Regards,

Natasha

• Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Natasha, John's suggestion states to turn 'Off' that setting. Please trying this and if this fails, I will investigate further trouble shooting for you. Thanks.
  • Natasha Baker
    edited April 2014

Hi Mirko,

Oh dear, I obviously read that incorrectly. I tried turning the setting off and this has worked.

Many thanks,

Natasha :)

• Mirko
    edited November 2015
    You're welcome Natasha, it's an easy oversight. Very happy to hear issue has been resolved, if only all life's problems could be fixed with a flick of a switch! Cheers, Mirko
  • Drew_7045541
    Drew_7045541 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    Hi, I am on the online hosted version.  Recently we have noticed that our invoices were being sent twice, which is annoying our customers. The Display each email when sending more than one setting was already turned off.
    Does any one have any other suggestions?
    Thanks!
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Everyone,

Users experience with this issue over the months suggests that turning off and turning back on (or vice-versa) Display each email when sending more than one seems to flush the system and emails send as they should - only once.

Regards,