Emails

Annette Lavey
Annette Lavey Member Posts: 3
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, My question is related to sending invoices via email. How do I know if the email has been sent to the client . I appear to be having problems with clients receiving their emails . They claim they have not received the invoice even though I have requested invoice to be sent via email. Is there a way I can confirm that the email has actually been sent and received.Thanks in advance

Comments

• Sue Jones
    Sue Jones Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    No.
  • Nerida Helmers
    Nerida Helmers Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    Before I started using Hosted the emails went through my server, and I could see what invoices I had emailed. Now they go through reckons hosted server and its a huge problem,  I can only send one invoice at a time now to ensure that the client recieves it. Alot of my clients emails rejected the new reckon hosted invoices as they where coming through a different server not recognised as coming from my emails. so they went straight to their spam bins.
    I had to email my clients approx 220 of them and explain to them to accept reckon hosted invoices into their emails so the invoices would be accepted by their servers.  HUGE PROBLEM. THAT RECKON NEED TO FIX.
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020
    I find the lack of this facility frustrating as well.
    My work around, is that I send myself a bcc of any invoice that I send to clients.   This gives me proof that the invoice has been issued. 
    If a client has said that they haven't received the invoice I can then tell them exactly when it was sent and this usually does the trick.   Also if I need to re-send the invoice for some reason I just forward them the original email from Reckon.
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited April 2020
    I do exactly the same, not guaranteed to prove the other party got it but at least I can see it's leaving my computer, or Reckon's rather
  • Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 439 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited April 2020
    Kevin
    I am disappointed in your reply to my comment.  I was only trying to offer a work around which in my experience will, if dealing with reasonable people, provide a basis for me to discuss the issue with my customers and maintain my credibility with them.  This in turn gives me an increased chance of getting paid without destroying the client relationship.

Also I find your examples rather shallow, as there is nothing about them that is specific to Reckon
    - if I send an email from any system/mail program to an address which no longer exists, there is a fair chance that the intended recipient will not receive it.  By talking to my client, my workaround will identify that this the problem and we can then start to get things back on track
    - if I send an email from any system/mail program to a misspelt address, there is a fair chance that the intended recipient will not receive it.  Once again by talking to my client, my workaround will identify that this the problem and we can then start to get things back on track.

The real issue at hand is the generic problem of "has an email been received".
    - I can establish that an email was issued, but
    - some email programs provide the option to never acknowledge that an email has been received or that it has been read. 
    Whilst this type of facility exists I don't think the problem to be solvable. 

(This is not a new problem - in the old days we used to just blame the postman for failing to deliver our letters.  But this is one area where email is deficient compared with snail mail where I at least have the option of sending my correspondence and receiving a copy of the signed receipt.)

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited April 2020
    It wasn't an answer, I believe that’s Reckon's job it was a suggestion in the interim until they do
  • Kris_Williams
    edited April 2020
    It simply tells me that the first step of the process is working. We all do what we believe is best for the circumstances at the time, I sometimes have issues with my regular email and often text someone to tell them I have sent one, so really to me it’s horses for courses....