Emails going to incorrect Customer

Robert_10157118
Robert_10157118 Member Posts: 7
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Good day every one

We have been having issue with Reckon Desktop 2019 sending invoices to the wrong customers. I check that the email addresses are correct for the customer who the invoice was supposed to go to, but every time I check all the contact information is correct.

Yesterday I created an invoice for a customer (lets say their name was John) and found out it was meant to be charged to Steven, as the invoice had not been sent yet I just changed it over the invoice over Steven. Except when I emailed the invoice it still went to John, but with Stevens Name on the Invoice. I have doubled check and both people have their correct emails on the Customer Account.

Kind regards
Robert

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    Hi Robert,
    How often would you say this occurs and does it affect all outbound emails that you send? ie. all your customers are receiving wrong emails or just some?
    Is it the same customers affected on each occasion when you've been alerted to it happening?

When would you say this first started occurring?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Robert_10157118
    edited August 2019
    Hi Rav

Thank you for the reply.

This doesn't happen all the time we might go 1 to 2 weeks with out an issue and then we we do have it happen we may have between 3- 8 people get the wrong invoice. This has caused us some issues as the some customers have seen that they are being charged different amounts to others. 

This happens to completely random customers.

This issue first stared when we brought the Reckon 2018. We had heaps of issues with this version, including Reckon crashing after doing backups, but finally figured out the bugs where to do with the CD we were installing off the CD. All bugs are now gone except for this email issue as we have downloaded the software off the net. We are still having the email issue with the 2019 version. We have tried using Outlook, changed email addresses and are now sending emails out directly via Gmail.

Reckon technical support recommended sending invoices 1 at a time but this is counter productive as we have over 100 invoices to send and then at the end of the month we have another 150 Statements to send on top of it.

Kind regards
    Robert

• Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
  • Robert_10157118
    edited August 2019
    Hi Tim

My problem is that we are emailing sensitive information to people and have the chance that some of these emails may be sent to the incorrect company. Some of the rates and charges are not allowed to be shared to anyone due to contracts. 

Well the fact that it is now obvious that it has been a known issue over the past several years and taken up with Technical support by everyone who has experienced this issue suggest that reckon does not care and has no intention on fixing this. If this is the case then the first opportunity that comes along we will be jumping ship.

Kind
    Robert

p.s. Rav Please respond to this, we need to know why Reckon has been sweeping this under the carpet and if we can expect this to be fixed and if not why not.
  • Robert_10157118
    edited August 2019
    Rav Please respond to this, we need to know why Reckon has been sweeping this under the carpet and if we can expect this to be fixed and if not why not