EmpDupe file

Jennifer Rajendran
Jennifer Rajendran Member Posts: 7
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi I've had to make an amendment to payment summaries today.  I've downloaded the EmpDupe files for the amended ETP Payment summaries and INB Payment summaries.  I lodged the ETP successfully but when I try to submit the INB it came back with an error that it is a duplicate of the ETP file even though it is a completely different file.  I even save the file names differently.  I've tried this several times.  What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Tanya Briggs
    Tanya Briggs Accredited Partner Posts: 75 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2018
    I thought ETP and PAYG Payment Summaries all were reported in the one empdupe file, I could be wrong though!  Open the empdupe files in Notepad and print them out (very hard to read on the screen)  and you should be able to read the names and wages info of who has been included in that Empdupe file.

• Jennifer Rajendran
    edited July 2018
    Kevin, Yes I lodged it as an Amendment.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Hi Tanya.  From my own experience this year, I discovered that the ETP is included in the INB Summaries EMPDUPE file, in other words they are amalgamated.  Therefore, the likely way to overcome this in your case, would be to exclude the employee from the list of inclusions when you lodge the INB Payment Summaries.  I can only assume that when you lodged the ETP Summaries, it probably picked the INB content as well.  As Tanya said above, the file can be viewed in notepad, but it is very difficult to read.  However, as you may only have a couple of employees involved, you could read the file in conjunction with the printed Payment Summaries and see what that reveals.

In my case I lodged INB first and then got the duplication message when trying to lodge the ETP.  Using notepad, I went through the file and eventually found that for one employee, there were two reports/summaries.

I know now that if I have such a situation in the future, I will lodge the INB Summaries first and then that should be that.

John L G

• Jennifer Rajendran
    edited July 2018
    Tanya, I did what you suggested but I opened the file in Word instead of Notepad as it was easier to view.  The names are appearing twice which suggest to me that it could be for both ETP and INB Payment Summaries.  It's hard to make sense of the file.  Can anyone confirm this?  
  • Jennifer Rajendran
    edited July 2018
    John, if what you're saying is correct, then my ETP lodgement would have included the INB of the employees that I have selected, which is what I wanted anyway.  I've viewed the file in Word Doc and the names that I have selected is appearing twice.  I can't decipher any of the other information.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Jennifer - sorry I addressed the wrong person earlier.  Yes, in my opinion, the visible evidence indicates that both summaries were in the one lodgement.  For me an ETP is pretty rare and the last time that I had one, we were using handwritten summaries.  Hence this year was a real learning curve.

John L G

• Jennifer Rajendran
    edited July 2018
    John, I had a further look at the Empdupe file in word doc and yes I can see the figures for both ETP and INB (it was a little hard to read but it is there).  So yes, you are correct!!! Thank you.