Employee bank details not exporting to excel - Accounts Premier 2014

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited November 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am trying to export employee bank details (and address, TFN, etc..) to excel.

I tried to get this info by running an Employee Contact List report and then modifying the headings, but bank details (bsb, acc name, acc number) were all blank. I found I could get the information I need by running a Statement of Payments report, and again modifying the headings. Now just to export to excel, right...?

When I export to excel (either as a new excel sheet or as .csv file) the basic employee info comes over (name, address, tfn, etc), but all columns for bank info (bsb, acc name, acc number) are blank.

Very annoying. Is there some sort of employee data protection I need to change or something..? Can anyone help...??

Over to you team...!!

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi James,

Unfortunately (to my knowledge) we have never been able to get the list of employee bank details in a report!

The only way some of my clients have done it is via previewing the ABA file when creating the ABA file for upload to the bank.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hello, James, we have a cloud based Payment solution where we have ,aba files created , and we are able to extract this information in report form to view which can be exported to excel , pdf .
    SO, the  concept is same, getting bank info from .aba file. we need to discuss further with you.
    contact us , if you are interested.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Kelly Day
    Kelly Day Accredited Partner Posts: 43 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi James,

This is purposely built into the software under Privacy & Confidentiality legislation - as Sally says, previewing the ABA file will provide the details.

If you are doing the exercise for importing to your banking software, you should look at Exporting ABA files from Reckon Accounts - much quicker and no re-keying required, much less room for data entry errors.

cheers,

Kelly Day
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Thanks very much for your responses. Yes the only way could find to get the info out was from creating an ABA file (with fake payroll data) and then could copy and paste from there to excel.

Must be a privacy setting on Reckon designed to protect bank details I guess...?

Thanks everyone for the input..