Employee organiser not working

Woody1999
Woody1999 Member Posts: 16
edited July 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am using Premier Contractor edition 2017 and the Employee organiser is not working.

I can access the home screen but are unable to load any of the guided processes. I just get a blank screen.

I tried to adjust the internet security settings as suggested on a previous solution but this did not help.

Can someone please help me resolve this?

Thanks heaps

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2017
    Hello Woody1999

Thanks for asking.

Are you able to launch the guided processes from Employees > Employee Organiser, options?

regards,
    John.
  • Woody1999
    edited July 2017

Hi John,

I am unable to launch it from the Employees menu. It will not launch if I right click on the employee record either.

Thanks

Jill.

• John G
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Jill,

Do you have the last version of Internet Explorer (11.0) installed on your PC?  It does not need to be your default browser but it must be installed.  

regards,
    John
  • Woody1999
    edited July 2017

Hi John,

Yes I have Internet Explorer 11.0

Thanks

• John G
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Jill,

Does it make any difference if all windows are closed (Windows > Close All) and you launch from the top menu line: Employees > Employee Organiser > ....

Check the permissions for this user (Company > Users > users and Roles > Roles) - do they have "Full" permission to the Role Activity: Employees & Payroll > Employee Organiser?

Does another user experience the same problem?

regards,
    John

• Woody1999
    edited July 2017

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestions but still no luck with any of the 3. Still only get blank screen.

Thanks

Jill.

• John G
    edited July 2017
    Thanks Jill,

Next things to try....

Do you have an older version of Reckon Accounts installed?  Open it and test the Employee Organiser.  Does it work?  If yes then it eliminates anything on your computer contributing to the problem.  If no, switch to Select Startup and try again.  If it works now then there is a conflict with another programme on your computer.  

Next, open the Sample File.  Do you get the same behaviour?

If no, then the issue is with your Company file.  Resort lists, Rebuild & Verify and follow up on any errors found.  Then Create a Portable Company File and restore it (to a different name)

If yes, the the issue is with your Reckon Accounts installation. Clean uninstall this installation, and any older installations that may be on this computer.  Switch to Selective Startup and install 2017.

I hope one of these gives you a better outcome.

regards,
    John.