End of year finalisation

Susan_10075422
Susan_10075422 Member Posts: 11
edited July 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I did the end of year finalisation but my casual employee has not been finalised. I looked at a conversation that tells me I need to upgrade to R2 and redo the finalisation to have casual employees included. I have logged into the members area and it appears that the Reckon Accounts Business range doesn't have the R2 version available?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Susan,
    Are you using Reckon Accounts Business 2019? The current tax table update for the 2019/20 financial year can only be installed on the 2019 edition.
    More info here - Reckon Accounts 2019 Tax Update is available!

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Susan_10075422
    edited July 2019

I wasn't updating the tax tables, I was trying to work out why when I finalised the 2018 year 1 of my employees (a casual who wasn't in my final pay run) didn't finalise. Your post from the other day told me I had to upgrade the program to the R2 version to allow all employees to be finalised. Funny thing is I have just re-logged into the members site (less than 1 hour later) and the software is now showing as R2... So I am going to try to upgrade my Reckon Enterprise Software and re-lodge my final pay event.
  • Oats
    Oats Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav,

I am using Accounts Plus 2018, and have already lodged my STP and its been accepted.  The standard tax rates have not changed.  Do I need to upgrade to Accounts Plus 2019 for any other reason?  Are therer any other benefits?
  • Oats
    edited July 2019
    Hi Susan,  I am using Accounts Plus 2018 and also had missing employees,  from the final pay run, so I have issued these employees payment summaries.  But I have less than 19 employees.  Hoepfully by the end of this financial year Reckon will have fixed the problems.

• Susan_10075422
    edited July 2019

Hi Rav, I'm just not sure with one more step. When I upgrade to the R2 version I am assuming I will only need to finalise the employee who was missed in the original finalisation as the other employees are already showing as finalised with the ATO. Is that correct?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hi Susan,
    You can choose to include all employees in the Finalisation if you wish ie. not just the ones that were missing, there is no harm in doing this as the Finalisation is an Update Event file type.

There's more info on this here -
    End of Year Finalisation

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Susan_10075422
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav, Thanks again. Ill see how I go. 
  • Susan_10075422
    edited July 2019
    Hi Michelle, 
    The only issue is see if you don't updrade to the newest version and redo the finalisation of the year is that if you have finalised some employees with STP and then you have to do an emdupe file for the ones you have written payment summaries for, the emdupe file will probably include all your employess and therefor the ones lodged vis STP will have been reported twice to the ATO. The ATO will then think they have double the income and PAYGW. I am using Reckon Entreprise 2019 and I have upgraded now to the latest (R2) version, done another finalisation and everything looks to be correct.
  • Susan_10075422
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav,

I have upgraded now, re-done the end of year finalisation and all looks correct. Thanks for the info.
  • Oats
    edited July 2019
    when doing the endupe file I was able to select only the 2 employees that were not lodged by stp.  So that worked  out.  for this year.