Enter a BAS payment from quarter before starting date

Options
Dave Dennis
Dave Dennis Member Posts: 29
edited October 2017 in Reckon One
I am new to Reckon One and have put my accounts starting date as July 1 2016 (for the new financial year). I have to enter a payment of the BAS from the previous quarter but it is not an option in the Tax BAS payment section.
I have no idea about this stuff. I am a sole trader in graphic design, not an accountant...

David

Comments

• Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi Dennis

Unfortunately you should have put you put your start date as before 1/7/2016, perhaps 30/06/2016.  Your only real option now is either start again, or enter the balances as 1/7/2016 and make a note for your Accountant so they are aware of what has happened and can account for it.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Kim chapman

www.chapmanofficeservices.com

• athina
    athina Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I also had the Migration Team start our accounts from the 1 July 2016. Is this going to be a problem for me?

cheers
    athina
  • Dave Dennis
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm talking to my accountant this afternoon to figure out the right approach.
    David
  • athina
    athina Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know David. I you could please post an update. Looks like we started Reckon One at the same time and both doing Graphic Design. Good Luck!

• Dave Dennis
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My account instructed me to write the BAS payment to my "Owner drawings" account with a note what it is for. As I do my accounts on a cash basis but the ATO issues these things in arrears it works more like accrual basis, but when they do the Tax Assessment it all works out (apparently).