Enter Leave Details

Options
TamNguyen
TamNguyen Member Posts: 48
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Product: Reckon Accounts Enterprise
Version: 2015

Hi everyone, 
Wish you all a good week ahead.

I will go straight to the question here. 

Is this hours accrued per pay recorded correctly? If not what action should I take, as all payment has been made.

The previous account manager has made this record and I couldn't figure out how did they come up with this figure in hours accrued per pay.

From my understanding we are entitled for 4 weeks annual leave pay which work out at 153 hours and 25 minutes base on Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award 2010. The start date and end date is the same only the year are changed and we pay fortnightly. Then, the holiday hours should be:
        Holiday hours per pay = 153.416/26= 5.9 hours (rounded) 
 I am suspecting that they use 160 hours to calculate the holiday hours but that is still not right  
        Holiday hours per pay = 160/26= 6.15 hours (rounded) 

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi Tam

Not sure where you get the 153hrs & 25min from if you work a 38hr week (76hr fortnight) the 4 weeks leave is 152hrs, if you work a 40hr week (80hr fortnight) it is 160hrs leave, if you work permanent part time 25hrs a week (50hrs a fortnight) it is 100hrs leave (paid at 25hrs for each week on leave).

Annual Leave
    152 hrs / 52 weeks = 2.923 accrual per week (standard in most industries)  (2.92)
    152hrs / 26 fortnights = 5.846 accrual per pay  (5.85)
    160 hrs / 26 fortnights = 6.153  accrual per pay (6.15)

Unfortunately reckon only allows 2 decimal places, something I wish they would fix for the last 20 years.  

Personal leave
    this is based on how many days leave your award states x the hours worked per day divided by the 26 fortnights i.e

10 days personal leave @ 7.6hr day = 76hrs p.a / 26 fortnights = 2.923 accrual per pay
    10 days personal leave @ 8hr day = 80hrs p.a / 26 fortnights = 3.076 accrual per pay
    10 days personal leave @ 25hrs week = 5hrs day = 50hrs p.a / 26 fortnights = 1.923 accrual per pay

If it is incorrect you have to work it out manually for each employee, counting the weeks worked x the correct accrual (less) leave already taken.

Then you alter the hours available to the correct figure, and of course you change the per pay period accrual rate to the correct amount before the next pay.
  • TamNguyen
    TamNguyen Member Posts: 48
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thank you Kim for your detail response. I appreciated it.