Entering a refund from an overpaid supplier

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I overpaid a supplier. They have refunded most of the overpayment so far. The overpayment is visible in the suppliers list. The part refund is showing in the bank statement. How do I enter the repayment against that supplier. I read the posts and it seems quite complex. Any simple instructions out there
Photo of Jonathan Galt

Jonathan Galt

  • 350 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 2 years ago

  • 1
record the refund on a deposit slip allocate to the relevant accounts payable control account. Now you will be able to assign the credit to this transaction.