Entering bank history in Reckon One

Mandy Bakker
Mandy Bakker Member Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in Reckon One
I linked my bank account in Reckon One from 3 February 2015. How do I import all the transactions in my bank account from 1 July 2014 to 2 February 2015? Since I linked my account there is no option to manually upload a QIF file. Do I have to manually enter all the transaction? Please help!

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Mandy, welcome to the Community and thanks for your post. Check this video regarding QIF and rules page: https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/how_to_create_rules_to_import_bank_transactions_from_a_qi...

• Mandy Bakker
    Mandy Bakker Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2017

Hi Mirko, yep I watched that video, but that only seems to work for manual uploads to bank accounts that aren't already linked. Do I need to unlink my bank account, upload a QIF file, then re-link my bank account? I don't have the manual upload option on my screen anymore.

Thanks

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Leave this with me Mandy, I'll get onto our Tech Support guys. Cheers, Mirko
  • Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017

Hi Mandy,

Yes you are correct when saying that you need to unlink the bank account feed in order to manually import your historical banking data (e.g. via a QIF or CSV file).

If you are wanting to import historical data dating back to 01/07/14 then there are a few things to check first.

#1. Your book start date needs to be dated on or before the 01/07/14. To check you book start date, click Administration > General settings > About this book

Note: Book start dates are set when creating the book (via the book setup wizard) & cannot be changed once a book has been created.

#2. The bank account start date needs to be dated on or before the 01/07/14. To check or update  your bank account start date, view the edit screen for the applicable bank account

#3. The applicable bank account opening balance set in Reckon One should be the ending balance of the actual bank account dated 30/06/14 (e.g. refer to your banking history/statement). To check or update your bank account opening balance, view the edit screen for the applicable bank account.

#4. Ensure you have downloaded a QIF or CSV file from your online banking website for the applicable period (e.g. from 01/07/14 to 02/02/15)

How to unlink your bank feed:

1. View the Banking screen, then click Manage bank connections

2. In the Connect to your bank screen, click the option Remove the link for the applicable bank & then click Done

3. In the Banking screen, the Manual upload option for the applicable bank account should now be available

4. Import your QIF or CSV banking file (e.g. for the period 01/07/14 - 02/02/15) & action the transactions

5. Once you have imported your historical transactions you will want to reconcile the account. 

6. Once you have imported all of the historical transaction data & the account is reconciled successfully, you can re-link your bank feed back to your bank account.

How to link your bank feed:

Transactions > Banking > Manage bank connections > Click Link this to a bank account & select the applicable bank account

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2015
    Hey Mandy, please do not remove the bank data link at this point in time. I'll get back to you shortly with Tech Supports suggested course of action. ^Mirko
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2015
    Hey Mandy, had our techs look over things and Qwerty's response is spot on. ^Mirko