Entering Manual Invoices

Gavin Jones_8306295
Gavin Jones_8306295 Member Posts: 8
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
I run a Service based business where I use paper Invoice Books when on site and Electronic Invoices when sending out Invoices.  How are other people recording Invoice Book Invoices in Reckon One?  Particularly as paper Invoice Books usually have very unique numbering patterns that are not necessarily in sequence from one book to the next.

Comments

• Aaron Rennie
    Aaron Rennie Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2019
    Hi Gavin,

We use manual invoices slips for all our quotes prior to all work.  I put the customer name and the quote number from manual slip in the 'reference' box.  This shows on the customers invoice when printed and also shows on the home screen.
    I also have a manual spreadsheet that I fill in once a week so I know all job details at a glance.
    Hope this helps.  And I'm interested to see what others do.

Cheers, Emma
  • IRRIGEAR LOWOOD
    IRRIGEAR LOWOOD Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2019
    Hi Gavin,
    We use RAH, and do the same as you.  We don't always do a quote before completing work, so we set up an item in the Item List called 'Transferred'.  We put this 'item' on the last line of the invoice so we can easily track (either through Reckon, and/or the paper based invoice book) the work performed.  It has worked for us for all of these years, but it is also nice to hear how others work with the same situation.
    Cheers, Carly.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Gavin

I use R1 for a client who uses another app for invoicing on the go (he doesn't like the reckon app), I use the reference on R1 invoices to record his invoice number from the other system, using this reference it shows as one of the columns and as such can be clicked on to search via reference number (manual invoice book number) rather than R1 invoice number
  • Gavin Jones_8306295
    Gavin Jones_8306295 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2019
    The ability to search on the Reference Code was one concern I had so thanks Kwikbooks for mentioning that. I think what I will do, is simply use the Ref Code for the paper inv book entries as those clients do not need to see the Electronic Version of the Inv and its Number.  Enter paper book entries all at once and copy the Inv prefix code/number to the clipboard then past into the Ref then add the final digits.