Enterprise 2016 R101 will not open in new Server Install

Options
Orkun Evren
Orkun Evren Member Posts: 41
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am upgrading our 7 year old server and have purchased a new machine with Windows Server Essentials 2012 R2. I have installed Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2016 R101 as a clean install on the new machine and when i go to open up 2016 it goes through the process of opening up and just before the login screen it shuts quickbooks down. No error message just open up and shut down before before allowing me to log in. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and also tried running as administrator but same problem.

No data file there yet, was purely installing to get registered etc and make sure sample file would open up before going through the process of connecting to workstations.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi Orkun,

When you install the program, which option did you select? There are 3 options.

Try to turn off or disable any security program on that computer.

Try to turn off IE ESC (Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration) for all users and admin.

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

• Orkun Evren
    Orkun Evren Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hi Deny

I followed all instructions as directed on installation and still had the problem.

A bit of experimenting and I was able to fix the problem by running compatibility mode for the installation. Apparently 2016 R101 is not compatible with Server Essentials 2012 and when run in compatibility mode to win7 the program runs perfectly. I am not sure if this is something Reckon Developers will need to have a look at.

I do now have the IE ESC problem however with tells me that some features wont run with the security settings and yet I am unable to change the security settings. It seems that the settings are present on os install and there is no option to change. Is there a workaround or something that reckon have released on how to turn it off ?

Thank you for your advice.

Orkun
  • Deny Dharmawan
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi Orkun,

Thank you for sharing your finding. I will get the Server Essentials 2012 issue checked from our end. 

Regarding the IE ESC that cannot be turned off. We do not have workaround for that. Make sure you are logged in as administrator when you try to turn it off. You can try external guide that I found from Google in the link below or check with Microsoft support.

http://www.oxfordsbsguy.com/2012/12/03/how-to-disable-ie-enhanced-security-configuration-in-windows-... 

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

• Deny Dharmawan
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi Orkun,

Reckon Accounts 2016 R101 has been tested on Windows Server Essentials 2012 R2 and it worked without running in compatibility mode to Win 7. Sounds like there could be something on the server that is causing you to need to run in compatibility mode.

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

This discussion has been closed.