Entryless and Reckon Desktopintergration - Importing Chart of Accounts

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Trying to use Entryless to integrate with Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2016. I can't seem to export or copy the Chart of accounts into Entryless. Has anyone actually succeeded?  I know it should be able to be done, there was a whole webinar on how great Entryless works with Reckon Desktop, but unable to get past the Chart of Accounts issue.

I
Photo of C

C

• 494 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jason Hollis

Jason Hollis, Head of Product

• 10,288 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
This should flow in automatically (once you do a sync using the web connector). Have tax codes and suppliers imported into Entryless, or are you missing everything?
Photo of C

C

Hi Jason, Nothing has flowed through to Entryless. I managed to download the configuration file but that is it. Have invoices waiting in Entryless but need chart of accounts. I have just changed a setting in preferences and unticked  the box that says "don't allow any applications access to this file" (didn't see that anywhere in the instructions but makes sense to me).

I have tried copying the file and changing the file name so it matches the company name in the Reckon file which then matches company name in Entryless - no help.

I have just sent another request to Entryless for help. They were good replying quickly initially when I had trouble downloading the configuration file (cookies were blocking it - however I figured that out without them telling me). My last contact from Entryless support was early Friday morning. It is now Late Monday afternoon.
Photo of Jason Hollis

Entryless are US only re support so hopefully you hear back today (their time). I have contacted their founder to give them a heads up regardless.

OK, so you downloaded the config file, but did you also download the web connector (the app you need to open the config file)?
Photo of C

C

I am not sure. I was emailed a .qwc file from support (just received one again also).

The help menu seems to only talk about Quickbooks rather than Reckon so have had issues with that. I have been back through the emails and I can't see any information that may be applicable re the app. 

I have never set up any integrations to Reckon before, so probably making some silly mistake.

Perhaps there is a vital set up link or piece of information I am missing?
Photo of Jason Hollis

QuickBooks desktop in the US is called Reckon Accounts here.
Photo of Jason Hollis

I will upload a link to the web connector that you need. 
Photo of Jason Hollis

Here is the web connector you need to install on your local machine (PC only) to connect to the Entryless web app: download (please note this link will eventually expire).

Once installed open the config file which will open in the web connector app. You then can set up the Reckon company file to connect to, as well as the username and password to use. 

Please note we don't generally support third-party apps so you will need to refer to Entryless generally. I will also contact the team there to ensure their instructions are updated and easy to understand.

Kind regards,
Jason
Photo of C

C

I appreciate your help. The download link worked, however still getting same error message in Reckon and and unable to move forward. 
Photo of Jason Hollis

Those error codes aren't good ones. Can you open your company file at all? 
Photo of C

C

Yes no trouble opening my normal .QBW company file. Only have trouble when I try click on the QBC file when I have the company file open

(and don't worry I have back ups if it all goes pear shaped)
Photo of C

C

I also have error message
-6510 and -1006
Photo of C

C

By the app do you mean choosing Reckon in the company settings? The spot where you can choose which package you use? If so yes I have done that.
Photo of Jason Hollis

• 10,278 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
No, "the app" is a Web Connector you need to install (see above). This is how a desktop product (eg Reckon Accounts) talks to an online product (eg Entryless).
Photo of C

C

thanks, still have issues as above. Will look at what other options I can use to solve my need to automate AP. Appreciate your help. 
Photo of C

C

Just letting you know I have had an email from Entryless saying they have escalated my problem with the engineering team.
Photo of C

C

Jason hoping you can help out again. Since I have upgraded to Reckon accounts Premier edition 2017, I have not been able to successfully sync. Entryless advise

"Our Engineering team informed us that you needs to download a version of web-connector that works with Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2017. You needs to follow up with Reckon on how to get the web connector. Once the web connector is installed, you need to add Entryless again using QWC file."

Can you help please?

(Edited)
Photo of C

C

Sorry scratch that query. Despite Entryless advice as above, they must have fixed something backend as it is working again. Please disregard
Photo of Jason Hollis

• 10,278 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I am glad as that info was incorrect - we have not made any changes to the 2017 version that would effect third-party applications. 

Thanks for the update  / clarification !
Photo of C

C

Advise from Entryless as below. No longer compatable with Reckon. Very frustrating. More and more feel I am being pushed to Xero

"Please note that currently, Entryless integrates with below Cloud Accounting Systems only w.e.f March 10th, 2017:

i.) QuickBooks Online
ii.) Xero
iii.) Zoho Books
iv.) Sage One

v.) Sage Live"
Photo of Jason Hollis

This is news to us. Let me follow up. 
Photo of C

C

Thanks I am hoping it is an error as I have spent a lot of time in the last few months getting it to work and sorting out bugs
Photo of Jason Hollis

We have not heard back, and the CTOs email advises "no longer at the company" so that is a concern.

Unfortunately they integrated to us (which is usually the case) so we cannot manage from our end, and as they are non-responsive this again raises a few concerns for us.

I will advise if anything comes through in the next few days. 
Photo of C

C

I have had further emails from them which I am happy to share, if you would like me to perhaps email you?
Photo of Jason Hollis

Thanks Chris. Please email community@reckon.com Attn: Jason Hollis

Kind regards,
Jason
Photo of Jason Hollis

UPDATE from Entryless

We continue to support the original integration with Reckon desktop for any connected customer, however we are temporarily not allowing new customers since mid-March under Reckon desktop as we have paused all desktop integrations since the same date.  

This means QB Desktop and the MYOB desktop version we were integrating previously are also not enabled any longer in Entryless. 

We are highly interested in building integrations for the cloud; building and serving desktop products means more of a hurdle for us.