EOFY ALLOWANCES NOT GOING THROUGH TO ATO

Fiona Sweeney
Fiona Sweeney Member Posts: 9
edited July 2020 in Payroll Premier

My EOFY reports were correct and lodged without issue on the MyGov Connect site.  However, I have had several employees go to lodge their tax return and their allowances are not shown or pre filled.

Is this a bug?

Comments

• Fiona Sweeney
    Fiona Sweeney Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2020

After finally getting through to speak with someone, yes this is a known bug. The allowances are not being pre filled at the ATO end.  Therefore if staff lodge their tax return and do not realise that the
    'allowances' field is blank they will be under declaring their wages.

Reckon have advised that they are hoping to have a fix for this within a week. In the meantime, I would be advising ALL staff that have an allowance to double check or advise their tax agent not to go off the ATO portal.

Lucky I did print off Group Certificates!!
  • Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for the update Fiona!

That's quite a substantial error for us not to be notified about!!!
  • Patrick_8319167
    Patrick_8319167 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hi Fiona,

Do you know that bug be fixed by Reckon? The deadline to lodge the declaration is 31 Jul.
  • Kali
    edited April 2020
    I cannot believe Reckon didn't think this was substantial enough to send an email out to all users??

Rav - this really isn't good enough!
  • Kali
    edited July 2020
    Am i reading that this is happening again this year??
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited July 2020
    This did not happen with mine out of Reckon One, the allowance was added to the gross. I too gave the employees payment summaries to double check with ATO
  • Catherine moxon
    Catherine moxon Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2020
    Yep happened to me, i'm still waiting for someone from help desk to call me back, i'm pretty concerned! 
  • Kali
    edited July 2020
    Great :( I don't understand how they don't fix known issues from year to year?
  • Catherine moxon
    Catherine moxon Member Posts: 39
    edited July 2020
    Lucky that i even picked up on it to be honest, because the initial screen when you upload a file shows all the details to be correct with the allowances, but the details per employee have it missing. I looked at the JSON file  in note pad that is uploaded and it definitely excludes the allowance data on that too.  I'm pretty disappointed. 
  • Kali
    edited July 2020
    Hi Catherine,

I have just checked my JSON files and all looks to be correct, i can see all the allowances listed separately as they should which match both the reconciliation report and pays report for the year. I also opened up each STP file in reckon portal to double check there too and all allowances have been included so i may be one of the lucky ones this year.

Hope you get answers.

Cheers,

Kali
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited July 2020
    All of my figures were correctly allocated when I lodged the EOFY file, showed allowances etc, however when an employee checked on MyGov, the Allowances had been added to the Gross, so technically correct, but still confusing. Which is why I suggest giving payment summaries to use for verification when doing tax return
  • Kali
    edited July 2020
    Were your JSON files correct? If so, would that not mean it's an ATO glitch not Reckon? 
  • Kris_Williams
    edited July 2020
    This was from Reckon One so don’t get to see the json files. 
  • Kris_Williams
    edited July 2020
    I have just discovered that on the MyGov Income statement, there is an arrow down that shows allowances and super listed, the initial information I saw was the first tab that just had total income, Gross and Allowance added together. I’m very happy to see this seems to be working, at least out of Reckon One