EOFY Single Touch Payroll Questions

Tian Lan
Tian Lan Member Posts: 50
edited June 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi there

We are using Reckon Account Premier Desktop. Our company started using Single Touch Payroll since Sep 2018. This year will be our first year to use STP to lodge final PAYG information other than the Payment Summaries.

I have a few questions regarding the final pay event.

1. Our payroll cycle is fortnightly. Our last payroll period for 2018/2019 will be 17/6/2019 to 30/6/2019 and payment date will be Friday 28/6/2019. Do we need to lodge the final STP file on 28/6/2019 as well? Do we need to pay on 28/6 to ATO as well?
2. If we find some error after we finalize it, can we tick "Final Pay Event' and lodge again? Will that replace the previous lodged final file?
3. We need to add report able fringe benefits amount. We are going to add one payroll cheque in March 2019. How could we lodge this change?
4. We have some inactive employees during this 18/19 financial year. They won't be included in this final STP lodgement. How can we make their pay finalized? Do we need to send them the payment summaries as we did before?
5. Each time when we go to STP function, we can only select two most recent STP files in the dropdown menu and can't choose previous files. What if we need to re-do the previous file? How can we select?
6. In regards to the terminated employee, how can it automatically upload as final pay if we don't use terminate function?

Thanks
Linda

Comments

• Labour Hire
    Labour Hire Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2019
    re Q 4   I also have casual employees that wont have worked in the last pay period  -  I want to know how can we make their pay finalized too?
  • Sandy Norton_10091094
    Sandy Norton_10091094 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2019
    I have all the same questions as Linda and have inactive employees to mark as final as well.  Thanks.
  • Tian Lan
    edited June 2019
    We have many casual employees as well, and won't be able to know when is the last pay period. I want to know how we can make their pay finalize too.
  • Carly Sockett
    Carly Sockett Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2019
    Hi There,

I'm wondering about inactive employees/casual employees as well.  Has anyone received any info on this?

thanks!
  • Tian Lan
    edited June 2019
    Hi Carly

Reckon just released the 2019 R2 version, which will resolve the problem. We are doing our last payroll today and I will upgrade and install R2 tomorrow and give it a go.

Check the article "How do I finalise my end of year reporting with Single Touch Payroll?" and you may find your answers there.

Thanks
    Linda

• Tian Lan
    edited June 2019
    Reckon just released the 2019 R2 version, which will resolve the problem. We are doing our last payroll today and I will upgrade and install R2 tomorrow and give it a go.

Check the article "How do I finalise my end of year reporting with Single Touch Payroll?" and you may find your answers there.

• Tian Lan
    edited June 2019
    Hi Sandy

Thanks
    Linda
  • Carly Sockett
    Carly Sockett Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2019
    Hi Linda!

Thanks for your response!  I will be doing payroll tomorrow.  Will opening the 2019 R2 version affect the 2018 R2 version at all because I have to still finalize bookkeeping and receivables in the 2018 R2 version?

thanks!
  • Tian Lan
    edited June 2019
    Hi Carly

Yes, if you upgraded to 2019 R2 version before you finalise 2018/19 payroll, your PAYG tax table will be changed. I suggest you finish all final payroll first, then upgrade, then submit final STP event.

Thanks
    Linda