Error 141 47 05868 when running a backup

Options
Adrian Alderson_10027052
Adrian Alderson_10027052 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I have had to purchase the 2019 version of Reckon Premium to replace my 2013 version. Since loading it each time I backup I get the above error and a message the Reckon has to close down. Any suggestions why?

Comments

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Adrian - did you run any of the file utilities on the 2013 file before or after you upgraded?  Sounds like there was some corruption in the file that has come across to the 2019 version.   Perhaps Run the File - Utilities - Verify and then the Rebuild options and see how you go?
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi Adrian.  In addition to the valuable advice provided by Linda, I will add something further to it.  In days gone by, we were specifically told to run verify three times after upgrading.  I have personally seen some errors which existed which were only cleared after the third verify.  I continue to do this with all upgrades to this day, be they for the desktop version or Hosted.  Don't be put off by being told after the first verify that no errors were found, instead run verify at least three of them - it won't hurt anything. that I know of.
    John L G
  • Grant_10114457
    Grant_10114457 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have verified 3 times and rebuilt 3 times and nothing has changed.
    I have tried to phone reckon support 4 times and I keep getting a message that they are very busy and they hang up. (VERY FRUSTRATING)

• Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Grant - when you verify - does it say no problems with the data?    what specific area of the program are you in when this happens.... it may be a corrupt transaction that you need to delete and reenter?
    Otherwise you might need to contact an accredited partner who should be able to assist.
  • Grant_10114457
    edited July 2019
    Options
    when I verify data, there is no errors.
    This message comes up after doing a backup.
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    Options
    ok - so if its a new install - next questions would be - what operating system are you running?  where is the file saved?  after you get this error - can you actually find and confirm that a backup file was created?  maybe its a permissions thing?     Can you please resort all your lists (accounts, names, items etc) before running the rebuild again?  what happens if you create a portable file instead of a backup file?
  • Grant_10114457
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I am using Windows 10 64bit version and I save my files to a USB drive. I have been doing it this way for the last 7 years. The backup file is being created and I have done a few restores with the backups. I generally do the restores onto my lap top when I go away on business, and then from my laptop to my desktop when I return.
  • Debbie Williams
    Debbie Williams Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2019
    Options
    We have the same problem. Everything appears to work but we always get the Error message after the Backup which appears to be successful.