Error -6000,-83, and -6177,0

Tian Lan
Tian Lan Member Posts: 50
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

After we upgraded 2019 version (we save company file on our server and install the 2019 version in each user’s computer 5 in total), one user has trouble to login every morning. She has the below error and couldn’t login. But she can login after one of the other users login. Problem is she’s working early hours, so I have to leave my Reckon open during the night so she can login next morning. I tried to search for the answer, apparently it’s a common problem. But I’m not comfortable to delete any nd files as per the instruction. And I’m not sure why it only happened to her. Our outsourced IT person said this is the software issue and I should ask the software support for a solution. Could you please help me with this? I’ve screen shot some info below. I tried to login using different directions, all failed.

http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=404&_ga=2.252742409.1283702684.1563505707-1008345987.1534813763

Thanks

Lindaimageimageimage

Comments

• Debbie Vantwest
    Debbie Vantwest Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    Hi

I use the same software but I have the single user one.  I don't know much about the multiple user package.  But just a thought,  If you are the administrator and you created the accounts for the rest of the people and none of the others have this problem, go back into that account and check if she has limited access.   If so, change it to full access.  I could be wrong about my thinking.  

Debbie
  • Tian Lan
    edited July 2019
    Hi Debbie

Thanks for your reply. We have the same access. I think it's something to do with her networks. But thanks for your thought.

Linda
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Has your outsourced IT person been given access to the KB article so they can check all the network configuration requirements are correct?  Agree you might not be comfortable with deleting .nd files etc but your IT person should be able to confidently follow the instructions and check everything on that machine?   A question I would also be asking to try and figure out why one user is having issues - would be around their machine - are they using the same operating system as all the other successful users?  ie who is using Windows 7, who is using Windows 10 - are they all ethernet connections or are some wifi?  if other users are not logged in - can she open the file in single user mode?  or does she have the issue regardless?
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi Tian

Make sure the PC with the issue isn't running 'multi-user hosting', this should be the server only.
  • Tian Lan
    edited July 2019
    Hi Linda 

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to get our IT person to look into it for us. It's very inconvenient for us at the moment. We are all using the same operating system and we are all using company's internet. If no users logged in, she can't open the file. She can only open the file when someone's logged in first.

Thanks
    Linda
  • Tian Lan
    edited July 2019
    Hi

I tried to stop it. but I have a warning message "if you stop hosting multi-user access, this computer will no longer be used to allow other users to work on company files. Do you want to stop hosting multi-user access to the company file?"

If I stop it, does it mean the other users won't be able to work on company file?

Thanks
    Linda
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    Kwikbooks is correct Linda, only the server should be hosting mutli-user access... so check with your IT person - if this is where the multiuser access is hosted - then definitely make sure none of the workstations are hosting mutli-user...  this most likely is the cause of that particular machine not being able to access on the server in multi user when its the first one opened - its because the installation on that computer expects to be hosting multiuser - that needs to be turned off...
  • Tian Lan
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Linda for the reply. My understanding is we didn't install Reckon on our server. We only have 5 licenses, so we installed Reckon on 5 computers which are all users, not server. If there's no Reckon installed on the server, how could it be hosting multi-user access? We only store our company file on the server where everyone shares.

Thanks
    Linda
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    If your IT support person follows the instructions in the KB article in the link right at the top - and has set all the sharing/permissions/services etc on the server as per those instructions - then the server will be hosting multi-user access..  they would/should have installed the host multi user options on the server as well (see the 2019 User guide http://downloads.reckon.com.au/RA2019_User_Guide.pdf )

The fact that you can access multi user on 4 workstations probably means they have done this correctly - but the 5th workstation must have multi user turned off if it is on..  to be clear - on that computer if you start Reckon...it should look like the image below - if it says "Stop Hosting Multi-user access" then its configured incorrectly and you need to turn it off... hopefully that makes sense?

• Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    Just try stopping it and hopefully it will fix your problem! :)
  • Tian Lan
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Linda. I will try it tomorrow at work. And will let you know if it's working or not.

Linda
  • Tian Lan
    edited July 2019
    Hi Linda I stopped her from hosting multi user yesterday. She could login as single user now. But when others start work, no one could login, and having same error message as her before. And she couldn’t switch to multi user mode. Unless she hosts multi user again, or log out and asking the other users login first, then she could log back in again as multi user. Any ideas about this? Thanks Linda
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    It sounds like the multi user isnt configured correctly for anyone... this is a job for an IT person with networking experience - so if you want to use your IT person - then ask them to read the instructions and follow... or you can engage an Accredited Partner with multi user experience to configure this for you.  Can be done via Teamviewer or find a partner local to you?  https://partnersearch.reckon.com/  most of us are pretty busy - but someone should be able to help you... email me if you want to do remotely - linda@abcomputing.com.au - I have a window of time from about 1pm to 2pm central time today...

• Tian Lan
    edited July 2019
    Hi Linda

Sorry I just read your message and missed the time. Could we do this after 4pm tomorrow or Thursday?

Thanks
    Linda
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2019
    Can do after 4pm Thurs...send me an email.. cheers