Error 6123, 0 When opening Quickbook 2011 backup file on Reckon 2017 Premier

Options
Bilhan Thener
Bilhan Thener Member Posts: 15
edited February 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi,
We just upgraded our Premier 2011 to Premier 2017. I use the backup file I got from the premier 2011 and try to open it on Premier 2017. It getting Error -6123,0 Reckon Accounts is trying to access the company file but cannot contact the database server. I started the database server. 

I come across some knowledge base saying I need to make sure the nd file referring to the correct server. 
I made changes on the ServerIP, and FilePath but it still showing the same error.

What is the best way to restore 2011 to 2017? 
Any input is kindly appreciated.

Thank you

Bilhan

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Bilhan,

There are a few other steps in relation to that particular error message in this KB article -

-6123, 0: Connection to the Accounts Business company file has been lost

Also, did you delete the .ND file? 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bilhan Thener
    Bilhan Thener Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Rav,
    Thank you for that. It works after I removed the ND file and stop the multi user hosting.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Good to hear, thanks for confirming Bilhan

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.