Error 7278 - Recon Accounts Home & Business 2020 - has encountered a problem and needs to close.

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
Error 7278 - Recon Accounts Home & Business 2020 - has encountered a problem and needs to close. This warning is coming up every time I try to enter a transaction to a share account. There is a problem with the software and it is not allowing new transactions to be entered. How can I resolve as the helpline have referred me to the community site and won't help.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 104,758 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Peter,
While its a slightly different error code, a good starting point might be the steps outlined in this article -
Reckon Accounts Personal Range crashes when entering a transaction
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,

The error come up when I try to enter a transaction on a share purchase and the software closes down. I tried the link you kindly sent through but it doesn't lead to that article ?
Photo of Paul Scanlon

Paul Scanlon

• 314 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Could I suggest you validate your file. It may help. Go to file, file operations, validate.
Photo of David Hunt

David Hunt

• 1,170 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
You could also try to recalculate your Investment registers (goes back to the opening balance and works it's way through) - not sure if it's related to your problem but wont hurt to try....

Click on the bottom empty transaction in the register and hit Ctrl+Z on the keyboard (Reckon shortcut keys on in preferences). Takes several minutes to work it's way through. If no errors it will return control sitting on the first transaction at the top. If there are errors (I haven't had any) a dialog will pop up with the specific - I think. If the dialog pops up it should tell you which transaction has a problem hopefully (guessing because I haven't had any for several years).

David