error code 00000000 (0) at line 921 in sendemail.cpp

Greg Hines
Greg Hines Member Posts: 6
Hi all,

Windows 8.1x64, Reckon 2016 Premier, Outlook 2016.

Just installed Reckon 2016 Premier and getting the error message "error code 00000000 (0) at line 921 in sendemail.cpp" which trying to send emails for invoices etc.

Have tried:-

Right click the Reckon Accounts Business 2016 program icon > Properties > Security - Edit > Select to highlight your PC user account and tick Full Control under 'Allow'

AND

1.    From the Windows Start menu, select Control Panel > Select View By Category View > Programs > Default Programs > Set your default programs

2.    Select Outlook in the Programs table

3.    Click on Set this program as default and click OK

4.    From the Start menu type regedit in the Start search field

5.    Click regedit.exe in the Programs list
Create a backup of your Registry by File > Export > Export Range > All

6. Locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Clients > Mail (The data field will now be called Outlook)

7. Now locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Clients > Mail. The data file does not automatically update, so you will be required to manually modify it:

Double click on the (Default) string to edit it and replace the text with Outlook

8. Click OK and Close the Registry window.

And the problem persists.

Any other ideas greatly appreciated.

TIA

Greg

Edit: Have also tried running as Administrator.

Comments

• Greg Hines
    edited March 2018
    Uninstall the program. Rename the installation directory. Reinstall the program using the built in Administrator account. This is a known bug. Its been around for six years. I dont know why it cant be fixed. Its extremely frustrating. Good luck
    As this program has been installed as a 90 day trial am I going to have any issues uninstalling and re-installing using the same key?

Thanks for your assistance,

Greg
  • Greg Hines
    edited March 2018
    I forgot to ask. I hope you are using Win 8.1 Professional. It wont work with the home versions.
    Yep, 8.1 Professional.  Just curious, when you say 'won't work' are you talking about sending emails from within Reckon, or the program Reckon itself does not work.?
  • Craig Hines
    Craig Hines Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2018
    Do you know if this will work with Windows 10 Pro?

"Rename the installation directory." - Is that while reinstalling Reckon Accounts, or do you rename the old folder to make sure the installer creates a new folder?

(Please note - I am not connected with Greg Hines).
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited August 2019
    Hello Vic,

thanks for asking.

Have you given the user Full Control to the Reckon Accounts Business programme?

Full guide in this KB.

regards,
    John
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2018
This discussion has been closed.