Error code: 16681 78290 QuickBooks 2011-12

Options
Maria Lombardo
Maria Lombardo Member Posts: 2
When I tried to edit a bill I get the above and QuickBooks shuts down, also no other reports are open at the time.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Maria, welcome to the Community. Sounds like there is an corruption somewhere within the Bill or Customer - depending on if it is every bill of a particular customer, or just one bill that is causing the problem. There's two things we can do;
    • Run a rebuild again; and verify straight after. If this does not resolve the error; it means you will need to delete the affected transaction and recreate it.
    • Alternatively, you can go straight ahead and delete the transaction and recreate it.
    If the error does not relate to only a singular Bill, try to run the rebuild and verify and see if that resolves the issue - if not let me know....

• Maria Lombardo
    Maria Lombardo Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Mirko,

Did all you said but no luck, verified data, did file rebuild, still the same problem - cannot access the bill either through Suppliers or Pay Bills to edit - still getting the same error code and QuickBooks shuts down.  Please advise.  Maria
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Maria,

Are you referring to problems accessing a specific bill transaction OR are you experiencing the problem when attempting to access any bill for any supplier?

When was the last time you were able to access bills successfully?

When was the last time you created a backup of your data file?

How often do you typically create a backup of your data file?

If you have not yet consulted a Technical Support rep, please do so and provide them with the resulting error log from your Verify Data and Rebuild data operations.

Or 

If it crashes then you will need to find a good older backup and if it not too old, then restore that backup and re-do all the changes that have occurred since that backup was made.

If the good older backup is too old, then you will likely need to send the file in for further analysis. 

Request a data service.

* Data Recovery Team *

• Arlene_7630642
    Arlene_7630642 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2015
    Options

Hi

I have the exact same problem, it is with one bill for one supplier only and I cannot access the bill to delete as Qucken just shuts down as soon as I click on it.

How can I delete this bill?

Regards

Arlene

• ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I was just talking to someone about this issue just yesterday...

The only way they found worked was to create a 'credit' back to the exact amount on the same date.... apply the credit to that bill.

Then re -enter the bill.

Hope this helps

Angie Carlyle

• Arlene_7630642
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thank you so much Angie. I will try tomorrow and let you know if your fix is again successful! Regards. Arlene
  • Arlene_7630642
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Genius, your credit fix worked immediately. Thank you again Angie. Regards Arlene