Error Code -6000 -308

Options
Sema
Sema Member Posts: 2
edited June 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi i am operating Reckon Accounts 2013. 

Last week my laptop crashed and the techs managed to copy the Quickbook files from my SSD.  I have copied these files onto another computer and have reinstalled Reckon Accounts 2013. 
I now get the error codes -6000, -308. 

This computer operates Windows 7 Ultimate.

What can i do to get this working again!  we are fast approaching accounting year end!

Would appreciate any help regarding this.

Thanks 

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Options
    HI Sema,

Are you operating on a server/network environment?

Does this error appear when you try to open the file itself? Is there any more to the error message?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sema
    Sema Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi Rav,

I am operating on a stand alone computer.

The message appears when i try to open the file itself.  i will reboot this computer and see try fresh to see if i am getting other messages.

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hello Sema,

Are you able to open the Sample file?
    1. Press and hold the CTRL key while you launch Reckon Accounts and release the CTRL key after the No Company Open window appears; 
    2. Click Open a sample file and select a sample file.

Did the sample file open without error?
    If it did try opening your company file again.

If your company file fails to open and produces the same error, then restore a backup.
    (Rename either the original company file or the restored backup file to ensure you do not overwrite the original company file.)

After you confirm the restored backup works properly, you can delete the original damaged company file.

If both the sample company file and the original file display the same error, check the computer for possible hard disk or other system issues. More likely your company file is damaged and you will need to contact Reckon Data Services to have it repaired.  

regards,
    John