error code -6000 -80

Valerie Gautier
Valerie Gautier Member Posts: 7
edited September 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am running Quickbooks Plus 2012-13 and keep getting the error code -6000 -80 when opening my company file.  I have deleted the .nd file and have renamed the original.  Getting a little concerned now..... ahhhh

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Valerie, welcome to the Community. This error indicated that there is an issue accessing the location of the file. Are you running the file on a network or local? Check if your Anti-Virus is causing a problem. One of our Community Members who is also a Reckon Partner has posted a response to a user experiencing the same issue here >> Keen to hear how you go! ^Mirko
  • Valerie Gautier
    edited January 2015
    Hi Mirko, I run on a local.  I run AVG, just turned it off and got the same error. I had a read of the suggested solutions earlier but these appear to be for network users.  I have however run the services.msc and checked the QBCFMonitorService. In the service status it has stopped. Any ideas?
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    I've found this support note which relates to an issue where AVG has isolated certain services which disables them even when AVG is not running. Try the steps to get to the AVG quarantine to see if any of the services are listed.
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Valerie,

Out of curiosity can you please try taking a copy of the file and putting it somewhere else to see if you can open it from there? I.e. if it's on the desktop move to the c drive, or vice versa.

Have you tried everything in this article:

http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3626

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Valerie Gautier
    edited January 2015
    Mirko, I checked AVG no quarantined files.  Double checked under the installation file and the exe files were named correctly, no avg restored.  I then ran the repair for quickbooks and got an error message 'Error 1920.Service Quickbooks Database Manager failed to start.

The other thing I should mention is that I can open up a different company file with no issues.
  • Valerie Gautier
    edited January 2015
    Hi Sally, Thank you for your assistance.  I just copied the file from usb to c drive.  Still no change. Im not using a network version, local only.  I have run the service.msc file and the start up type is automatic and service status says stopped.
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Has this issue just started happening today or for a while?

Do you have a recent backup you can restore?

Sally

• Valerie Gautier
    edited January 2015
    Hi Sally, This is a recent issue, never had it before.  I have tried to open a backed up copy but I get the same error?

• Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020
    Hi Valeria,

1. Close the QuickBooks (now called Reckon Accounts in later versions) file without closing the program. File > Close Company

2. Go to the QBW file (your datafile in other words), right-click the file and select 'properties', select the general tab, and see if it is read-only (you will see 'Read-only' ticked). 

3. If it is, un-tick this, click 'Apply' and 'OK' and then try and open the file again. 

Kind regards,
    Jason Hollis
  • Valerie Gautier
    edited February 2015
    Ahhhh!  No luck.  Same errors still appear
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020
    Was the file ticked as read-only Valerie?
  • Valerie Gautier
    edited February 2015
    it was

edited February 2017
    I had this issue the other day. But luckily I was just transferring data from one computer to another and I was able to create a portable file instead and it worked to restore. I tried moving the location, restoring a backup, opening the existing file, nothing worked. If you go to your Reckon installation folder in the programs area of your windows button is there the Reckon Accounts Database Servicer Manager?
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    Hi Valerie,

How old is your most recent backup?

When was the last time you have successfully opened the data file?

Does the 'backup' you are referring to have a QBW, QBB or QBM file extension?

It is possible that your data file is damaged.

Request a data service case so we can take a look at your file (preliminary analysis) and a quote if the file can be fixed.

Note: We recommend that you find the most recent good working backup set, since in the event that the current damaged file cannot be repaired, that last good backup will be your best option to continue on with.

** Data Recovery Team **