Error codes -6000 and -83 when trying to update company file to Reckon Accounts 2019

Brad_9932878
Brad_9932878 Member Posts: 12
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have just installed Reckon Accounts 2019 on a server, however I am unable to access the company file to update it to the new version. I get the error message "An error occurred when Reckon Accounts tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Reckon Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6000, -83)"

I have completed this same process every year for the past 5 years and have never had an issue. Any ideas why I am encountering this issue this time?

Comments

• Rohan Cornell
    Rohan Cornell Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    When you login. Try doing as administrator
  • Brad_9932878
    edited July 2019
    I am logged in as an administrator. Same as every other year.
  • Paul Murphy_8198635
    Paul Murphy_8198635 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2019
    We had a similar problem a few years ago. We ended up creating a new file on the server and restored back up to there. Then updated reckon in the new file. Hope this helps
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    These messages are all about permissions and firewalls...  there is a KB article on this - see http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=404 - you will need to add the new QBDataServiceUser28 to the shared folder where the datafile is - but best read the kb article and follow the steps.
  • Brad_9932878
    edited July 2019
    Thank-you Linda for your suggestion. Helpful KB article and instructions. It seems that the folder where the data files were stored didn't have full permissions enabled for QBDataServiceUser28. Once I followed the instruction on adding this service to the Groups / user name list and allowed full control, I was able to update the company file. 
    Strange that I have never encountered this issue in the past five or six years of doing these upgrades, with exactly the same process, hardware, etc. The QBDataServiceUserXX has always just added automatically in the past, it seems. Not sure why this happened this year, but a good one to look out for in the future. 
    Thanks again.
  • Brad_9932878
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Linda! Fixed. (See my comment below)
  • Chris Mills
    Chris Mills Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    I found this was caused by the old version of the company file server still running on the file host along side the new version.
    Solution, end task the related processes on the Server/host, start up the correct version locate the file and then connect.