Error installing Reckon Accounts 2019 on Windows 10: Error 1920.Service QuickBooks Database Manager Service

• Problem
  • Updated 1 day ago
HELP!!! No phone support available.
Brand new desktop computer.  Trying to install Reckon accounts Premier 2019 - upgrade onto Windows 10.  Error 1920.Service QuickBooks Database Manager Serviced failed to start.
Older version of software on another (XP) computer. Cannot get any solutions from community page and Reckon not taking support calls.
Photo of Helen Case

Helen Case

• 480 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • annoyed

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 50,004 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Helen call me Kevin +61407744914
Photo of Diane W

Diane W

• 338 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Hi Helen,

I am just returning to Reckon Desktop so it's been a few years in between, but in the past I was told by my software Reckon guru that if you need to update from an older version you need to update year by year, not jump multiple years in the one upgrade, as Reckon just doesn't like it.  When we did it that way there wasn't a problem.  I am also referring to the days when upgrades and new versions of the software came as CD's only so I am showing my age here!

Good Luck with this.

Di
(Edited)
Photo of Steve Micallef

Steve Micallef

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thankyou Helen - this resolved my issue.

For reference, once windows features settings are changed the computer needs to complete a restart. I hadn't exited the Install wizard for Reckon QB, so I selected don't restart - and first went and cancelled the Install Wizard which rolled back the installation.
I then went back to the windows features screen by typing "windows features" in the search box on the bottom task bar next to the windows icon - then clicked on the "turn windows features on or off" icon.

Once in this screen my .NET Framework 3.5 check box was blank, and my .NET Framework 4.7 was filled in black colour. When I expanded both there were selections for each that were unfilled. I clicked a tick into all boxes for both selections, and a tick appear in the box next to the parent once all selections were complete.
I then clicked ok and allowed the computer to restart.

When the computer had restarted, I found the QB files which were saved from my incomplete install from before the reboot (which were in my C:/Temp folder), and clicked on the Setup application file. This restarted the installation, which required me to re-enter my installation key, but the install only needed to install the additional files it missed on the original process so was quickly up to the install wizard stage and progressed through from there without issues.

Thanks again for posting your findings - I am not very I.T. savy and rely on people such as you sharing knowledge to resolve issues. Very much appreciated.
Photo of Trevor Chivell

Trevor Chivell

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Helen Case, I also have been using QuickBooks since 1996. BUT I have nothing to upgrade on this new computer. Virgin computer will not install Recon Accounts 2019 as a new installation. Error 1920. Why? Any thoughts. Trevor Chivell
Photo of Kevin Russell

• 49,944 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Call me Trevor 0407744914
Photo of Helen Case

Helen Case

• 480 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Have you still checked that via Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off

that the check boxes for .NET Framework 3.5 & 4.7 are ticked?  If not, it means they are not fully active.  You need to open the sub directories on each and tick them to activate / fully tick the feature.  Apart from that I am not much help

Photo of Kym Hof

Kym Hof

• 62 Points
Helen you are a genius thank you!!!
Photo of Trevor Chivell

Trevor Chivell

Does anyone every get a resolution from this site. Simple question; convoluted answers. OR irrelevant answers. Trevor Chivell

Photo of Kevin Russell

Call me
Photo of Deebekay

Deebekay

Hi Kevin

I'm also having some problems installing Reckon Accounts Premier 2019 on a Dell XPS Notebook running Windows 10 - could I give you a call to ask you a couple of questions
Photo of Kevin Russell

Yeppirs
Photo of Deebekay

Deebekay

Hi Kevin

I resolved the problem by letting Windows 10 do a disk cleanup before trying again

Took about 4 hours for the cleanup and then relaunched setup and it went through perfectly

I broadned the problem from being QB related after I noticed a Dell update produced the exact same problem