Error: Invalid Record Declaration (47)

Bianca_8323349
Bianca_8323349 Member Posts: 13
edited July 2017 in Payroll Premier

I have uploaded the new Payroll Premier 2017-18 and copied my files to a network for multi users. Now when I try and go back into the program I am coming up with this error.

File L:\NTR.QPW\Emplyee could not be opened. Error: Invalid Record Declaration (47). Press ok to end this application.

Can someone please help.

Comments

• Bianca_8323349
    edited June 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Error: Invalid Record Declaration (47).

I have uploaded the new Payroll Premier 2017-18 and copied my files to a network for multi users. Now when I try and go back into the program I am coming up with this error.

File L:\NTR.QPW\Emplyee could not be opened. Error: Invalid Record Declaration (47). Press ok to end this application.

Can someone please help.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2017
    Hi Bianca,

How did you get your files on to the network? Can you give us a bit more detail on the process you followed.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bianca_8323349
    edited July 2017

Hi Rav,

When I finished running my payment summaries and uploading the new program, I then clicked on Setup Network Data path, Select the default directory (in our case its the L Drive) - the next step is to untick "use existing files located on the server path" - but I am thinking now I may have left it ticked??

It is then suppose to copy the files across. When looking at the L Drive, it has copied some of the files but not sure if have done this process correct now.

Would this be my issue?

Our other multi user person, has today downloaded the program and is having the same problem when trying to click on the L Drive files it is not allowing us.

Hoping you can help we as suppose to be processing a payroll run today..

Thanks

Bianca

• Bianca_8323349
    edited July 2017

Hi Rav,

All good now. I ended up using the recovery tool which then allowed me to correctly copy the files across. So we are all working correctly now.

Thanks

Bianca

• Bianca_8323349
    edited July 2017

Hi Rav,

Problem not solved... We ran a payroll for one of our companies yesterday and it worked fine. Now when I try and go back in to run payroll again today I am getting the same message.

It wont allow me (or the other user) into the files in the L drive...

Any ideas??

Thanks

Bianca

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2017
    Hey again Bianca,

Sorry to see this has cropped up again, I think at this stage it might be best to have a chat with our technical support folks to take a closer look into this problem.

CONTACT US

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bianca_8323349
    edited July 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is anyone having problems with the Multiuser version of payroll premier 2017-18.

Error: Invalid Record Declaration (47)