Error Message 1453869938.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
I run Reckon Plus 2016. No update/changes that I am aware of. Last successful use of software a couple of weeks ago. Now when I try to record the memorised transactions after logging in, I receive this error message and advice that Reckon needs to shut down. If I decline having the memorised transactions recorded, I can still use program as normal. At the moment there are 34 transactions pending. No idea of this is too many at once? Not normal for me, but I have been unable to do my bookwork as regularly as I used to until now. Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks in advance.
Photo of Paula Langdon

Paula Langdon

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

See if anything is being presented in the qbwin.log file (for any errors at the foot of the file).

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/how-do-i-find-the-qbwin-log-error-log-in-reckon-accounts-...

Gary

Photo of Paula Langdon

Paula Langdon

My version doesn't seem to allow the option of Ctrl 1 & 2 to open the technical help window.  I did a search to find a QBwin Log and whilst I have absolutely no idea what I am looking at, I can't see the words 'error' anywhere at the bottom of the file.  Guessing I might need someone a little more tech savy than myself.....  Thanks anyhow.

Paula
Do you have another company file or sample file that you can play with. Or try copying your company file to a file with really different test-like name, and the open it and internally give the entity a different company name, like TestComoany P/L. That way you can obviously see you are in a spare test file to mess about. Try to replicate the same scenario in your test file. This will help identify if it is a windows versus reckon program fault versus your DATA file. Then try to recreate the me or used transaction as a fresh memorised transaction, and THEN try to use that new memorised transaction. Try to identify what's different in behaviour. If it continues to occur in your copied test company file, try to vary the various aspects of the transaction, manually to see if it is caused by say the customer supplier, or tax code or account record etc...... Just fishing here for scaling down the problem to windows, reckon plus, data, etxy ..

Gary
Photo of Paula Langdon

Paula Langdon

Thank you. will give it a go. Appreciate your help.