Error message 17 when attempting to post from POS to Accounts Premier 16.

Kerry Prior
Kerry Prior Member Posts: 2
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Error message 17 when attempting to post from POS to Accounts Premier 16. On reckon support advice Reckon POS was was uninstalled and then reinstalled but this did not fix the problem. Reckon said problem was associated with a Windows 10 update but ... how do we fix?

Comments

• Warren Aitken
    Warren Aitken Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2017
    Hello Kerry. Yes I had a similar issue after installing the latest Windows 10 update. We also lost use of our touch screens and printing services. Like you (and on Reckon Support advice), I uninstalled then reinstalled POS, but this made no change to any of the issues I was having. On the advise from my own IT people, I rolled back the windows 10 update and all was good. I'm unsure what effect this will have the next time a Windows Update arrives, but I will cross that bridge when the time comes.......   
  • Kerry Prior
    Kerry Prior Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019
    Tried to uninstall the windows update we believed was the problem KB4025342 however this did not solve our problem.  It isn't a long term solution anyway.
    Had another chat to Reckon Support and their only advice is that we need to upgrade to 2017 POS and Reckon, however as we have unposted transactions in 2016 file we can't post and these should be done before any upgrade - we suppose these will have to be entered manually - currently 2 days and counting.  Any advice on this?
    Reckon support indicate that it must be a problem that very few have as they haven't logged many calls - including no log of ours from yesterday...
    Any advice before we upgrade and manually enter POS transactions?