Error message “Either the ATO is down or Reckon SBR is unavailable”

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
First time got this error message. Please advise what to do to resolve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Susana

Photo of Susana Cheng

Susana Cheng

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Mike

Mike

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
hi Susana , 

i am having the same problem since 2 days ago. 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,662 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi guys,
We've just received word that the ATO's SBR2 service (which handles STP transmissions) has been experiencing issues over the weekend and as a result there will be some strange messages coming through from the ATO from submissions.
At present (Monday morning, 16/9) it looks like there are still some problems affecting the service and we haven't been given an ETA from them as yet.

We're keeping a close eye on it and I'll keep you posted with more info as soon as I have it.
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  1. thanks Rav for speedy response

we have made several repetition entries, how do we delete it , so we wouldn't be reporting too many payments?

thank you
Photo of Platinum

Platinum

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hello Rav,
i submitted my first pay run today, and got this same error message.  Once it's sorted, hoping you're able to post clear instructions about the correct followup steps (how do I resubmit, etc.). I want to start off on the right foot with the ATO and STP! 
Much appreciated,
David,
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi folks,
It looks like the ATO has got the SBR2 service back to normal now.
The submissions that returned an error will remain as they are in your list, they have not been sent and won't be so just leave them as they are.

You can create a new submission and send it through and provided that everything is good with the info & the SBR2 service (which from the looks it should be), then it will go through as normal.
Photo of Platinum

Platinum

Thanks for the info Rav.
I've followed the suggestion, created and lodged a new submission as you suggested - and got the same 'Declined by ATO' message, that's a pity!  The SBR2 service must be down still/again.
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I've also just received the same error message so looks like the ATO system still has problems
Photo of Platinum

Platinum

I've spoken to ATO technical help, maybe it's the luck of who picks up the phone but they couldn't find a trail internally showing an outage on the Reckon SBR. They said it would be helpful if I could provide an ATO error message ID.  Rav, you seem knowledgeable - is there a way I can drill down to see that code instead of the bland 'declined by the ATO' message which Reckon shows me? 
Meanwhile this approach after a day that "It should be alright some time" is not filling me with confidence...
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi guys,
If you tap on the message inside the individual pay run you should receive a full response message from the ATO. Once you've got it, let me know what it is. It could be some other problem with the pay run or processing that needs attention but I can let you know what it is based on the message.
Photo of Leanne

Leanne

• 60 Points
Hi, I'm experiencing the same, and the first image above is from the Reckon STP app and there is no further option to drill down on the message
Photo of Platinum

Platinum

Hi Rav, thanks for persevering. My message from Reckon STP on mobile is simply as per this screen shot. The design has no options to clicks anything to open further info from Reckon or the ATO.

Photo of Fiona

Fiona

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have just received the same message on my desktop 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi guys,
I've just received indication that the SBR2 service is unavailable again. This is again going to affect any submissions that have been sent in the last little while (sorry I can't be more specific) and will result in the same response message as above.

I'm going to come back to you once I see that the ATO have got it back online.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi guys,
Its back up again and ready to accept new submissions. Go ahead & send a new pay run submission through when you're ready.
Photo of Platinum

Platinum

Success !
Thanks for posting the info Rav.
Photo of Fiona

Fiona

All good .. have had success.  Thanks for you input.
Photo of Meri

Meri

• 70 Points
Hi, sent my first pay run yesterday and it was stuck in pending all day and had the same error message today - Error message "Either the ATO is down or Reckon SBR is unavailable. Should I try to resend.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Yes
Photo of Meri

Meri

• 70 Points
Thanks Rav, SUCCESS yipee
Photo of Phil D

Phil D

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I dont see any option to do a resend, only options seem to be I’ll do it later or adjustment. How to do a resend?
Photo of Platinum

Platinum

Alas ... create a new pay run and type it all in again
Photo of Phil D

Phil D

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks platinum will do.
Photo of Fiona

Fiona

Great .. thanks for keeping us up to date
Photo of Michele Krome

Michele Krome

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
So with the STP app, when you do an adjustment to resubmit do you just do a $0 adjustment and lodge that?  There doesn't seem to be an option to re-lodge the original pay run however the employee year to date totals have been updated so that is why I assume a $0 adjustment is required and this will send the correct year to date details?

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,522 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No there isn't a way to re-lodge an original pay run. 
You need to recreate the pay run again in the app & send it through (as a pay run not an adjustment).
Photo of Sandra Italiano

Sandra Italiano

• 70 Points
Once the resubmit goes through to the ATO, how do I clear the error msg on the app?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 91,522 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sandra,
You can't remove any submissions that are in any status other than 'Draft' so the erroneous submissions will stay as they are.
Just leave them there and continue as normal.
Photo of Sandra Italiano

Sandra Italiano

• 70 Points
Noted, thank you Rav.
Photo of nullarbor

nullarbor

• 234 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
So is the intention that the ATO business portal eventually reflects Year to date figures before the first pay run in STP is done? It seems crazy that we have to check with each employee whether  their MyGov record matches what we have in the STP app, and there is no way for the employer to check that the figures at ATO match what is in the app other than by sitting on the phone for hours calling them. I just checked my own MyGov record and it seems to match the year to date plus first pay run in the Reckon STP app, but I'm not going to ask all my employees to do the same.