error message

Amanda_9744555
Amanda_9744555 Member Posts: 6
edited September 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi, I have an error message each time I load up a pay event, the message reference is bc491df0-61a4-11e9-888c-1d331f817e4b@reckon.com The amounts uploaded are correct, anyone have an idea in what is going on? Should I be worried? Thanks Amanda

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Hi Amanda,
    What is the ATO error message at the top of the page? (same screen as the ATO receipt number)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Amanda_9744555
    edited June 2019
    Yes, it is. I contacted the ATO and they said it was a Reckon problem.
  • Amanda_9744555
    edited June 2019
    It has happened for the last 3 pays (I have been away). But all our other businesses are okay.
  • Amanda_9744555
    edited June 2019
    ATO Messages

The following error messages have been returned from the ATO and need to be reviewed. You may need to make changed in your accounting product before submitting again.

ATO Error message

• A text character must be one of the following: A to Z a to z 0 to 9 ! @ $ % & * ( ) - = [ ] ; : ' " , . ? / or a space character

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    That error message suggests there are invalid characters listed within the .json file. Have you checked each employee for invalid characters in their record in the accounting software?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    edited April 2019
    If you're unable to find anything, give our support team a call and we can potentially validate the .json file to determine where the error is in your file.

• Amanda_9744555
    edited May 2019
    Hi Rav, Yes , it has been checked but I am not a programmer. The support team costs $4/min, I'll have to get approval. Question: Why would this be happening now? All previous uploads i have had no problems.
  • Rav
    edited April 2019
    It seems like there might be some confusion, free technical support is included in your annual subscription so there is no charge to call and speak to the team.

Also to clarify my earlier reply, the employee records I was referring to for checking are the employees in your Reckon Accounts Business accounting software which doesn't require programming etc.

Question: Why would this be happening now? All previous uploads i have had no problems.
    Usually this is due to new employees being added and there is an invalid character added somewhere in their details, eg. address, phone number etc. Or any other details that have been updated since the last successful pay event submission.

• Amanda_9744555
    edited April 2019
    Thank you, now I understand, I will recheck.
  • Oats
    Oats Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2019
    Hi Rav,
    I own the Accounting Plus 2018, purchased outright.  Because of this reason Reckon will not give free support.  As  Amanda stated above Reckon want to  charge $4/minute.

Which is disappointing,  we are not asking for technical assistance to use the software.  The problem seems to be between Reckon GovConnect and the ATO.
    Why should we be charged  after calling the ATO to find out if it is their problem and then to contact Reckon to find out they want to charge us, so Reckon can investigate the error.

We are trying to submit details to the ATO and don't want to see errors on a list.
    We need them cleared prior to the end of the Financial Year.  

I have also found that some STP lodgements, I have checked the Gross Amounts for 2 employees are different from Reckon Accounts Plus 2018 to what has been uploaded via Reckon Gov Connect.  How can this happen?  One difference is approx $57  the other over $200.  How can these amounts be different.  It is a report that has been created within Reckon and submitted with Reckon Gov Connect.