Error message on upload to portal

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
Using Reckon Enterprise Retail 2018 desktop. STP worked last payrun but this time I have tried to upload the STP file, but the Portal gives an error message "instance.PayrollEvent.PayrollDetail requires property "TotalGross", instance.PayrollEvent.PayrollDetail requires property "TotalPAYG"
Photo of BRYAN MOLNAR

BRYAN MOLNAR

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Linda Putland

Linda Putland, Accredited Partner

• 14,462 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bryan - have you downloaded the .json file and opened it with notepad, then checked if there are any fields called the above names that are empty?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bryan,
This message usually comes up when there is a mismatch between the file types between the STP pay event export file in your accounting software and the submission you're putting into GovConnect.
To put it a bit more simply, you may have chosen the 'Full File Replacement' or "Update" option in GovConnect STP whereas the pay event was just a normal one ie. not created as a Full File Replacement in your accounting software.
Photo of BRYAN MOLNAR

BRYAN MOLNAR

I think you might be right. I clicked full file replacement - just thinking I should click one of them and chose the most pertinent!!
I have re-run the STP and it lodged "pending", so I will wait and see.

Many thanks 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,270 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Bryan, shouldn't be a problem now but let us know either way.
Photo of BRYAN MOLNAR

BRYAN MOLNAR

T\I have now gone to the portal to check it's all been processed ok but there is an error message
"ATO STATUSError: Please click here to view ATO response messages"

When I click "here" to see the ATO response message, nothing happens

What should I do now??
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 77,610 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Brian,
Can you post a screenshot of the full ATO status message at the top of the page when you click the 'Detail' link for this pay event.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks Brian,
I'll ask our STP team if there's any info they can give me on whatever error is causing this.

Just to confirm, when you hit the "Please click here to view ATO response messages" link, does anything load at all ie. a new browser tab etc or nothing at all?

(Also, I've deleted the screenshot just so the additional data on that screen isn't visible)
(Edited)
Photo of Anne Simmons

Anne Simmons

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having the exact same problem, but using payroll premier.
(Edited)
Photo of Linda Putland

Linda Putland, Accredited Partner

• 11,060 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav - could the problem with clicking Here and getting nothing be a pop-up blocker issue?
Photo of BRYAN MOLNAR

BRYAN MOLNAR

Pretty pointless having software that blocks pop ups if it needs to handle pop ups??
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Linda,
I'm not actually sure if this is actually what's happening in this instance but it certainly could be an explanation.

Bryan, when you attempt to click that link, do you get an indication in Chrome to say its blocked anything? It'll look like this in your address bar -

In regard to the Software ID, yes this is crucial and pay events will not be accepted by the ATO without it being registered.
If you need info on how to do this, you'll find info here -

Where is my Software ID for GovConnect Single Touch Payroll (STP)?

Single Touch Payroll - AUSkey and Software ID FAQ's
Photo of BRYAN MOLNAR

BRYAN MOLNAR

Hi Rav,

definitely no blocker. But I have registered my ID etc etc now and uploaded the last payroll. I will advise if it gets rejected again.
Photo of BRYAN MOLNAR

BRYAN MOLNAR

Thanks Rav - just to confirm that clicking "here" does absolutely nothing.

But I have just received a letter from the ATO today telling me I haven't registered my software ID with them - so this could be the problem!!

Photo of BRYAN MOLNAR

BRYAN MOLNAR

OK Rav - the lack of registering my software id was the problem. I have checked my last submission and it has been accepted by the ATO - 

Thank you for all your help in this matter.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Good to hear, thanks for letting me know Bryan.