error message - Payroll liability account selected when preparing general journal entries through ba

Felicity Van
Felicity Van Member Posts: 64
edited October 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

have entered numerous general journal entries from bank account to a clearing account. (both are listed as bank accounts in the chart of accounts).  However, when posting the journal I get the error message "Payroll Liability account selected.  GJE do not affect payroll liabilities.  To adjust your payroll liabilities, from the Employees menu, choose Adjust Payroll liabilities.  Do you still wish to save this GJE?"

I'm not using payroll liability accounts in the journal & this has only started to happen yesterday & today.

I'm using Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2015

Comments

• Hoang
    Hoang Alumni Posts: 48
    edited May 2015
    Hi Felicity,

That is strange if both of the account is bank, this is not a memorised transaction is it? If it is then please try to create a new general journal from the Company drop down menu.

Have you tried with different bank accounts to see if the problem still occurs?

Please try to verify and rebuild the data file, also try going to the Windows drop down menu along the top and select close all.

If the problem persists then please provide me a screen shots of the account in the COA list and as well as the journal that was used in the journal.

Regards,
    Hoang
  • Felicity Van
    Felicity Van Member Posts: 64
    edited October 2018

see screen shot

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Felicity, did a verify and rebuild help at all?