error message "send mail failed to send message" What does this mean? Reckon 2015

Options
steve_9526201
steve_9526201 Member Posts: 2
When trying to send an invoice get an error message "send mail failed to send message" can add to clipboard but invoice comes without formatting?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Steve,

There's some info on this error message on our KB article here -

Send Mail failed to send message when emailing an invoice from Home & Business

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• steve_9526201
    steve_9526201 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Rav, thank you for your prompt reply.  Unfortunately one i Check "run as an administrator"  Reckon wont open any of my back up files as it displays the message that it "looks like i'm trying to run the programme from a different computer", and as I have purchased the software for installation on 1 computer only, it is not possible and i need to upgrade my licence.  Any further suggestions would be most helpful
    thank you
    Stephen
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thanks for trying Stephen,

Ok, I just want to rewind a little bit before we do address the latest message.

Can I confirm what settings you listed selected when attempting to email. In the 'Format' selection, do you have HTML selected? OR plain text?

Now, in regard to the second point about not being the same computer, apologies I should have mentioned that in my previous reply. Running as Admin follows a slightly different path in terms of authorisation which will require you to activate, just follow the prompts to activate online.

Let me know if that helps

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JohnsonLD
    JohnsonLD Member Posts: 11
    Options

Hi Rav,

It seems I have the same problem again, when I go to send email error message "mail login failed" comes up. I remember its something to do with outlook and reckon not being compatible?