Error message when trying to submit file to ATO "An error occurred submitting STP details to API"

Options
Anne Cameron
Anne Cameron Member Posts: 3
edited June 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I set up a new employee in Reckon One  and have checked everything. However when I process a pay for him the error message appears.  "An error occurred submmitting Single Touch payroll details to the API. I can still submit  pays for the original employees but none for him.

Comments

• Bruce
    Bruce Member Posts: 441 Professional Partner Professional Partner
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Anne
    This is the Reckon Accounts Hosted forum but your query relates to Reckon One which is a different product.  You may find you get a quicker/better response from the Reckon One forum
  • Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I think you'll find having an unusual character in one of the fields *,=,-,",',/,(,),& etc, sorry I cant find the documentation re this ATM.  The main culprit is usually in the employee address ie the property name as "Property" rather than Property
    I had client that used the 2nd address line and left the 1st blank!!
  • Mario_10087432
    Mario_10087432 Alumni Posts: 55
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Anne, 

Under Payroll>Employees, please open the newly set up employee's record and check the following:
      • General tab
        • No special characters in first name and last name
        • Phone number has no special characters such as "+61". If there is a mobile number, separate it so the first box has 4 digits and the second box has 6 digits
        • Postal address is entered (including suburb, state and postcode)
          • Ensure the "State" is selected from the drop-down menu and you haven't typed in "Vic" instead of selecting "Victoria"
      • Employment tab
        • An employee number must be entered and it must be unique
        • If there is a "re-hire" date then remove it. E.g. an employee has a hire date, a termination date, then on the second line they have another hire date (remove this second hire date). Right now this causes problems. You can put this re-hire date in the "Comments" section in the first line for now.
      • Tax tab
        • A valid TFN is entered
          • Ensure the "State" is selected from the drop-down menu and you haven't typed in "Vic" instead of selecting "Victoria"
    (Source: https://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5746)