Error message with STP

Leanne_9728175
Leanne_9728175 Member Posts: 9
edited July 2018 in Payroll Premier
I am getting an ATO error for my STP upload - it says  "The value specified for an item does not match the item type (value = "", item type = String, uniqueID = http://www.sbr.gov.au/ato/payevntemp:LumpSumAC) Hint: The Enumeration constraint failed". 

Does anyone know how to fix this or what this means?  Thank you.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Leanne,

Just checking, when did you submit this specifically? 

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Leanne_9728175
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav - I submitted the file 2 weeks ago and went back in today to check the message and this is what the error reply was.  Previously it was saying "The request is valid, but the pull request is yet to be queued".  
  • Simon Hutchinson_8164484
    Simon Hutchinson_8164484 Alumni Posts: 135
    edited July 2018
    Hi Leanne,

This error occurs when the Lump Sum A code is not read correctly by the ATO (either a T or R depending on the termination type).

In this instance because it was not read correctly, that individual employee would have been rejected by the ATO however all the other employees should have processed fine. For example if you have 20 employees, 19 of those would have processed ok as you only got that single error.

To resolve this in payroll premier 2018/19, go to Reports drop down menu then Single Touch Payroll then process single touch payroll reports. In the drop down list for the pay runs, find the individual run that was submitted.

You only need to send the employee that originally had the lump sum a payment again, so double click the coloured boxes next to all the other names to red to ensure they are not included in the report. Click the Update checkbox at the top of the STP app as per the image

Then click export. A update event file will be exported. Go into govconnect, upload this new file, you will see it has one employee and does not have a total gross or tax amount at the top. This is correct.
    Click submit and this will be sent to the ATO and processed.

• Leanne_9728175
    edited July 2018
    Hi Simon,

This error came up for all my employees and none had a lump sum payment, so I am guessing its somehow linked to a setup in my payroll premier, but I cant work out what it would be.  Any ideas?  Thanks

• Simon Hutchinson_8164484
    Simon Hutchinson_8164484 Alumni Posts: 135
    edited July 2018
    Hi Leanne,

THere was a very brief moment of time a few weeks back where all transactions were getting rejected with that error that unfortunately you have fallen into. If you try the transaction again it should go through fine now.

Cheers

Simon